• Breaking News

    Friday, July 2, 2021

    The Last of Us | Miller Family

    The Last of Us | Miller Family


    Miller Family

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    This is the best thing I’ve ever found

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    I only recently discovered this series' existence. But I also identify with one character, Joel, all too well. Because I've lived his tragic story

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    Like Joel, I also lost my daughter. My princess, angel, baby girl. She was 8 years old and was hit by a car that ran past her school bus when she was getting off. That's all I'm comfortable sharing about her right now but needless to say, not only did it break me, it changed me. And not in a good way.

    I of course didn't have to live through an apocalypse like Joel did, but my life didn't get any easier. Me and my wife separated shortly after her passing, but that was on me. I was, to put it lightly, a piece of sh-t to her and lived a large part of my life as a recluse who didn't talk with family at all. I thought being in isolation would help me but of course it didn't. Much like Joel in the beginning of the first game, I was a cynical nihilist and always angry, and violent, on a hair-trigger. I just wanted her back, still do really. So where's the silver lining in all of this? Well, ironically enough, it would be tragedy that would bring me out of the hole I dug myself.

    My younger brother passed away a few months ago. And when the family knew he was getting close to the end, I went and visited him in the hospital. And the one thing that immediately brought some small semblance of hope was my niece. She and my daughter were practically sisters and seemed to be attached at the hip. And despite all the years I'd been gone (six years), she ran right up and hugged me like I was only gone a day. It reminded me a lot of my daughter. Still, she wasn't "happy" to see me per se. She was pissed I left in the first place and should have been there for her. After his funeral, she really laid into me about how angry she was but also was scared of me leaving again.

    Like Joel, in an instant, I had a moment similar to what happened between Ellie and that guy she killed with the machete and any reservations I had or urges to push her away went away. Out of I guess some paternal instinct, I held her tight and told her I wasn't going anywhere. I don't think she believed me in the moment, but I don't blame her. I told her I wasn't going to leave her alone ever again. And I meant it.

    Since then, we've been spending more and more time together. We talk about my daughter more often and I've generally just been trying to be more open with her about everything, good and bad. And it's honestly made me feel like both a dad again and also given me purpose. Like I actually have something, someone, to live for. And, I know I can't replace what I've lost, but she is so similar in character to my daughter that it's almost like she never really left. Like I have my baby girl back.

    That's my spiel. Sorry if it dragged on. Just felt like sharing. I should also mention that I haven't actually played these games. I've only read up on the story and watched videos of people playing it. I'm not really a video game person, but I can see why people love this saga.

    submitted by /u/found_again_1
    [link] [comments]

    Took a nice photo of some of my TLOU memorobilia - Thought I'd share!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    First day of filming?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    Something I think ALOT of people neglect to consider when thinking of the story as a whole

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    Ellie and Abby were both post apocalypse children. They have NEVER seem a society with total order and have NEVER lived in a place where death is not a constant, inescapable part of everyday life. This shapes their moral compasses and what they deem to be just. I've seen people ignore the fact and judge these characters by our first world standards far too often (Not to mention that they are both suffering from PTSD of some variety ESPECIALLY Ellie) So while going after Joel 5 years later to murder him and still killing him after he helps you is a majorly fucked up (although understandable) thing to do these days, it is a logical response for the world she grew up in. There's no police or ways that he can be brought to justice so otherwise she would have to live with the knowledge that the person who killed her father and destroyed the organization she grew up in is living consequence free.

    submitted by /u/PM-ME-INTENSE-DOGGOS
    [link] [comments]

    At the beach

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Joel, by me :) my reference was someone’s photomode shot but sadly don’t know who it is, so can’t credit

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Casting Call for “High School Students” needed for HBO series — very mysterious

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    Just started TLOU Part 2. Here are a few photos I have taken so far.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    Abby inspired me to become a fit gal.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Idk man....just watching Abby as a character and how badass she is, it really made me want to become physically strong as a lady. For the past few months after my first playthrough (which, I really enjoyed!) , I've been going to the gym every day (excluding weekends) and have found it really enjoyable. I'm meeting goals, and have over all become a much healthier person. I've never had a fictional character inspire me to actually go out and be active like this before. Thanks, Naughty Dog!

    submitted by /u/Keelydasani
    [link] [comments]

    That shirt looks familiar… hbo show

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    Wanted to capture some horror/darker themed photos, really love how most of them turned out.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    Small Realization About Seattle Day 2

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    I just realized that in Abby's section of day 2, before she goes down to the lower parts of the hospital, Nora, as usual, says, "May your survival be long". Normally the response to Nora saying this would be, "May your death be swift", however, given she's walking into a very dangerous area, Abby jokingly says, "May my death be swift". Obviously they both laughed it off, but in this case, perhaps Abby should have wished Nora a swift death instead, because later that night, she is tortured by Ellie, and given a quite drawn out death.

    submitted by /u/edguy568
    [link] [comments]

    Photo mode in this moment is wild.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    Pedro Pascal, Gabriel Luna and Nico Parker have begun filming HBO’s ‘THE LAST OF US’ series. (Source: iamgabrielluna/IG)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Again, the rattlers symbol is so badass I had to get it on my shirt. I don’t like the rattlers as people, but their logo is just *chef’s kiss*

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    I forgive you abby…

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    I know she's just trying her best to redeem herself, unfortunately she was just in a really bad situation, we all loved Joel so it obviously makes it much easier to root for Ellie. But after my 3rd time playing the game I put myself in her boots and then it just all clicked, I wouldn't have done any different if I was Joel, Abby or Ellie.

    What really captured my heart was lev, he is such a good character, and playing as abby just gives me those tlou 1 vibes, and that makes me so excited for the remake.

    Thank you tlou2, for a video game story that will forever be discussed among all of us. ❤️

    submitted by /u/qwertyasdfzxcv2037
    [link] [comments]

    Project Spores - Further Promo Shots

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    Lack of empathy & biasness

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Almost everytime I talk to people that take one side (Ellie, Joel, Abby), it's always so funny to me when the things they say can very well be applied to the other side. It's like one of the themes of the game is the lack of empathy in humans and the players just prove that without even trying to.

    Abby ignoring Owen because of her obsession with Joel? Okay. Ellie leaving Dina to try and find peace? Unlikable monster.

    submitted by /u/AskewScissors
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler]"The Last of Us: Part 2 is better for not giving players what they want" - This might be the best article I've read about TLOU2. Would highly recommend having a read!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:56 AM PDT

    No one to share this with but here…Finally got around to picking up the game…. Took my sweet time through the first playthrough to savour every moment and wonderful detail. Totally fell in love with Abby / Lev.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    Some pictures I took in the game recently I hope you like it

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Just got my first ever platinum trophy and thought I’d celebrate with some music

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Ellie slipping up and the ramifications for a Part 3

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    In part two Joel is very adamant that Ellie doesn't reveal her immunity and we get a closer to this issue with Ellie revealing her immunity to Dina, but I feel like it's not that cut and dry.

    When Ellie saves the prisoners in Santa Barbara they almost kill her due to her being bit, but they let her go on her presumed suicide mission. I feel like one of these prisoners is going to become important down the line when they encounter Ellie again and see that she hasn't turned. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/CryptidCookie_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment