• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 26, 2021

    The Last of Us | This could be quite possibly the best gift I’ve ever received

    The Last of Us | This could be quite possibly the best gift I’ve ever received


    This could be quite possibly the best gift I’ve ever received

    Posted: 25 May 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    I FINALLY DID IT AND I WANT TO DIE. 60FPS HELPED A LOT. GG NAUGHTY DOG <3

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Humor

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    We finally did it everyone! It‘s been a long time since the beginning. Looking forward to the years to come!

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    After 1 Year, I Finally Got Ellie’s Tattoo

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Worth the wait

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    New drawing of Ellie.

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Ellie's cosplay trial.

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    A little picture, of Ellie in front of the farm, I drew and coloured with Aquarell painting. It's a short time work but I like it regardless of its flaws :)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    How come Ashley didn’t win any awards for Part 2?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Anyone else find it a bit strange? I can't really understand how she won literally NOTHING for what is probably the best performance ever in a video game.

    submitted by /u/nortonhearsahoot
    [link] [comments]

    Thank god i pre-ordered this.

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    One of the most brutal animations in the game

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    After seeing that TLOU2 got a ps5 patch I decided to buy the collectors edition and I just finished the game for the first time 10/10

    Posted: 25 May 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    I finally finished The Last of Us Part II. I used to hate it, and now I understand it.

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    This was actually a while ago, probably around just less than a month, so late April.

    I used to hate the game. Right off the bat I hated it more than anything. I was so mad and pissed off, and was just angry about the whole thing.

    Then I got the game in December, and I still hated it. I played through maybe the first hour and then stopped after you know what part.

    I just stopped. Just like that. I was so mad and pissed off I dropped the game, and didn't come back to it for another couple months. Believe it or not I did that with The Last of Us 1, as well as the Uncharted games, and I loved those. The only difference was I dropped those games for a couple of months due to difficulty, (I sucked, really, really bad and got fed up)

    Now that I've played more games, a big, diverse category worth, I can handle different genres and types of games a lot better, so I never really quit because of difficulty.

    It was the story I get fed up with. But again, I've always liked to consider myself someone who wants to go out and learn about a variety of different forms of media, as well as take in a lot of different works. Meaning, I've always liked to be open to try new stuff, and I always, always try and give a fair, balanced review of something.

    So eventually I got over my stubbornness and I beat the Last of Us 2. And do I hate it anymore? No. I understand it now. I understand the story Naughty Dog was trying to tell, and the game's duality, showing two different sides of the story, I think was a very unique approach. It was new, and yes, it did take risks, something we could use more of it in the entertainment industry. I'm not saying I was all happy and joyful, I'm not even saying I liked or disliked it, but I understood it, and no matter how much I disagree with what happens to character A or B, I can respect the risks the game took, and how it truly did bring something new, and fresh to the table. Not to mention, I did find myself having fun with the game at times, through engaging combat and in part characters. Not to mention the beautiful, gorgeous graphics/musical score, as well as the outstanding, truly phenomenal voice acting. For that, I can give nothing but praise. The Last of Us Part II is the most visually incredible game I have ever played, excepting only the likes of Red Dead Redemption II, hell, maybe even exceeding it.

    It was a game that in the end, I'm glad I experienced. And now, not only do I understand the game, but the opinions of my best friends, who told me how good the game was, no matter how much I begged to differ. We constantly clashed about the game, but in the end, we always respected each others' opinions. But now, I get where they came from, and I have to say, I almost can agree.

    To close off my thoughts, I would say that this is a game that will continue to linger inside my mind for much longer, and I will continue to think about, as well as be invested in, what is to come for the universe of The Last of Us.

    Edit: I truly do love talking about, as well as giving reviews/opinions on games, movies, television, etc in depth. Its something I've come to really enjoy, so being able to go deep into discussion on this stuff I'm always open for. Especially with a game like The Last of Us Part II, where there is so much to break down.

    So if anyone wants to talk about/shoot me questions about this game or others, let me know and I'd be more than glad to answer and discuss.

    submitted by /u/Endo107
    [link] [comments]

    This made me tear up a bit so I wanted to share. It has been said that “JJ” is actually short for “Jesse Joel”��

    Posted: 25 May 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    Fan art made by me, tried to tell something with different references, feel free to express your interpretation

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Joel’s character arc in Part II is brilliant

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:40 PM PDT

    As I'm sure you're all aware, Joel is not very prominently featured in Part II. He definitely has a large effect on the plot, he doesn't have a whole lot of screen time throughout the experience, but I think Naughty Dog utilized these scenes to there full potential. The very first scene in Part II shows Joel recounting the events of the first game to Tommy, and while a lot of people chock this up as a simple "last time on" (which it kind of is) it does a great job to show how different Joel is from the first game.

    A huge part of Joel's character in Part I was how he would always suppress his feelings and hide his grief from others. While Joel doesn't fully open up to Tommy about how he feels about the situation, it's a far cry from the Joel seen at the beginning of the first game.

    I think that you can also interpret this scene as Joel testing the waters as it were. He probably knows deep down that Ellie is suspicious of him, and he is telling Tommy what happened to see how someone he loves would respond. However, Ellie and Tommy are obviously two very different people, and I think this results in Joel realizing Ellie would never forgive him.

    In the scene at the hotel when Joel and Ellie find the two teenagers and they argue about the event with the fireflies, we see Joel trying to convince Ellie "there was no cure". Joel knows deep down that Ellie won't believe him because at this point he knows her better then anyone, so I think he's saying this more to convince himself. He loves Ellie more then anything and he sees how this lie is hurting her, but he still can't overcome those parts of him that don't want to open up to others, so he's trying to convince himself of something that isn't true.

    Once Ellie finds out, the conversation between him and Ellie is absolutely heart wrenching. Both Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson give some of the best performances of the careers here. When Ellie says she'll leave Joel if he lies to her again, you see Joel go through the same thing he was going through at the end of Part I. Joel cannot go through the pain of losing yet another daughter but before, he could fight this grief away by slaughtering the Fire Flies. However, now, he can't fight his way out of it. He has to fess up to the truth even though both him and Ellie know it could ruin there relationship forever. And so he tells her the truth.

    Once Ellie breaks down and tells Joel they're done, Joel goes back to his old mindset of "I can't open up to people, because all it does is hurt me and hurt them". We don't see much of Joel after this moment, but I personally think he became more self isolated, not really talking to others much and only doing what was necessary to help the camp, much like how he was at the beginning of Part I. But the biggest difference is that obviously, Ellie isn't dead. Joel knows she wants nothing to do with him but, as stated earlier, he loves her more than anything and will stand by her side until the very end, case and point; the dance.

    At the dance when Seth insults Ellie and Dina, Joel steps in to help them. Deep down, Joel was probably thinking "maybe this will finally put us in good terms again", but Ellie still can't move past her anger towards him. But, I think after seeing Joel defend her, she felt it may finally be necessary to talk to him. The conversation between Joel and Ellie at the end of Part II is without a doubt my favorite scene in the game and may be my favorite scene in the whole series.

    When the two talk, Ellie finally unloads all the grief and anger she has towards Joel, and once that is finally put out there, the two can start the rebuilding of there relationship. In this conversation, Joel completes his two game character arc, seeing that trusting others will end up ok in the end. Sure, there will be pain, but it will be worth because at the end of the day, what's more important then the relationships we form with others?

    Ironically, Joel finally learning to trust others is what ends up getting him killed, as he saves Abby from the hoard, who ends up torturing him to death. It's incredibly tragic as after all this time, everything he's been through, when he finally began trusting others, he gets bitten in the ass for it. But, the impacts Joel leaves behind effect Ellie forever, because if it wasn't for their conversation that night, Ellie may never have found the courage to finally break the cycle of violence.

    Thanks for reading this long ass post, just really wanted to get my thoughts out there.

    submitted by /u/OverlyCritical005
    [link] [comments]

    Worked this out the other day

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:27 AM PDT

    Another Last of Us inspired piece

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    My 1/6 Ellie figure

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    Making of infected sounds

    Posted: 25 May 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Should I play the first game before the second?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 10:38 PM PDT

    I just got a ps5 and have started playing some of the exclusives. One of them that I purchased was tlou2. I haven't started it yet and it's because I can't decided wether it's worth a go for the first game first. I already know the basics of its story and the important information needed to understand tlou2, all though I just don't know if the gameplay will be very fun and I'm really eager to see what tlou2 has to offer. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/kachiggacheeks
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think Pedro Pascal is a good choice to play Joel in the upcoming TLOU HBO show?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    Personally, I think he has proven himself to be able to play the tough guy just by going off his performance in The Mandalorian. Give him a bit of a rugged look and put on a Texan accent and I reckon he could do well. We'll just have to wait and see.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AngeltheBuffySlayer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment