• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    The Last of Us | Thought this sub might appreciate my new Canvas!

    The Last of Us | Thought this sub might appreciate my new Canvas!


    Thought this sub might appreciate my new Canvas!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Neil Druckmann on the future of the last of us

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    My acrylic paintings from TLOU 1 and 2.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    In honor of the DICE Awards happening right now, here’s a comment thread snippet under my post a few months ago announcing the TLOU2’s DICE nominations. Well, would you look at that. The absolute mad (Naughty) dogs actually did it.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    Got a new coffee mug today.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    I had my favourite artifact story animated! (Deserted Cruise Ship)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    is it just me or did this note hit hard :(

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    Holy shit this games writing!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    May I say both games are masterpieces (the second better imo) but by making us play as the would be villain Abby, it made me care for her, I'm now as attached to her as I am to Ellie and Joel. The writing is so good and it's just the best

    submitted by /u/pylon_land
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part III

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Every time a new "rumor" arrives about the possibility of a third game people quickly point to Ellie and Abby finding a cure or a new story for Abby with the fireflies and it really bugs me because it always leads to some grand gesture or a possible better future to mankind, here are some of my thoughts:

    1- Ellie and Abby working together contradicts every feeling they carry for each other, they didn't forget what they done, empathy is totally different from sympathy.

    2- The two games were always about a gray area in human nature, there's no point in creating a story with "good" goals or redemption that relies on the characters.

    3-The Last of Us was never about finding the vaccine, or saving the world, none of that matters, it was always about human interaction, their traumas and the consequences of their actions, people easily forget how it was never 100% clear that the Fireflies would get a vaccine while killing Ellie, it was always the moral compass of that decision and not the outcome.

    Edit: I recommend everyone to listen to The Official The Last of Us Podcast to listen the creators views about the story and it's meaning.

    submitted by /u/Lambert910
    [link] [comments]

    The Owl cup

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    Playing through part 1 again and you’ve gotta laugh at how out of proportion these piano keys are ��

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    I'm sorry but why do some people think that Abby isnt a main character?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    Is this way of thinking just down to preferring Ellie over her or is it based around just disliking her?

    Abby is a main character. The game wouldnt have had you play as her if she was not. The game would have had her be just as disposable as Mel or Owen, Nora or Jesse. Characters who get killed so nonchalantly are side characters. You do not give a side character flash backs of their own journey. It just doesnt happen. You dont give side characters their own symbolism. Ellie for her part of the game sees the Giraffes, Abby encounters the Zebras. These things just dont happen with side characters.

    I'm sorry but Abby is a main character in Part 2. Absolutely 100% equal to Ellie in every way. Like it or not. I'm not basing that on what I like or what I dont. I'm basing it on what is in front of me.

    There are people out there who refuse to accept that Rey was the main character of the new Star Wars trilogy. That is was always Luke. As much as I hate the movies, the fact is, she was the main character. People need to put their personal preferences behind them and see what's in front of them. If Abby wasnt a main character, she would have likely died at the drop of a hat. That as well as we wouldnt have played as her.

    submitted by /u/Prissy_Hobbit
    [link] [comments]

    Very minor detail that I just picked up on (probably already discussed)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    When Abby and Lev get ambushed in Santa Barbara, and Abby is being tied up, one of the guys goes over and takes Lev's bow away and starts tying him up while he's unconscious. Abby yells out "don't you fucking touch him" which I'm pretty sure is the exact line Ellie yells out to her when she's finishing off Joel.

    I love the small parallels in this game, it's honestly a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/FalloutAndChill
    [link] [comments]

    How Ellie sees Joel

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    Anthony Caliber posts yet another Grounded Glitchess world record. This time a 2:49:49.6 Beating his previous record of 2:49:49.7 set... yesterday

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Tommy's Voice Reminds Me Of...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    This is just all in fun conversation...

    Ever since the first time I heard Tommy's voice, I couldn't help notice that he sounds an awful lot like Billy Ray Cyrus.

    And when Tommy says the word "Jackson" in Part 2, I immediately think about Billy Ray in Hannah Montana calling out his storyline son Jackson Stewart's name and add "sweet niblets".

    submitted by /u/eddielammusic
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the 2nd game

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    !!!SPOILER I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I CENSORED IT CORRECTLY!!!

    I love the play through, Ellie wanting revenge for Joel even though it seemed like they were constantly disagreeing, so you think Abby is the bad guy. But then you play as Abby and there are so many mixed feelings.

    Lowkey, really really sad about the and would have been really happy is Dina made Ellie stay, but I think Dina made the right choice by leaving her. And if Ellie hadn't left Abby and Lev would most likely be dead. Kinda the most made at Tommy for this though.. Ugh.

    What's next? Are there plans for a 3rd, or another game simular to this?

    submitted by /u/MayoSpider
    [link] [comments]

    So, after almost a year, are you guys are glad that Ellie...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    ...spared Abby? This would have been a 50/50 on this sub if I asked this on release day (I think), but I wonder if it's any different today.

    I personally am.

    People tend to forget that Ellie ain't built like Joel or Abby. The latter was hardened because he spent 20 years doing what he did or were trained to fight, thus weren't as sensitive to death in general (even if it can still shake them under the exceptional circumstances). Ellie...only did this for like a year, really! Then she 5 years in a town in which she didn't have to worry about killing other people, and she mostly did so in self-defense. And when I see the way brutally killing David, Nora and Mel messed her up as much as she did, I simply couldn't imagine that killing Abby would make her feel any better, even if it was to avenge Joel. That makes me think she didn't even want to do all this. She only went through with it all because a combination of guilt and traumatism made her feel like she had to and that she somehow had to (she even said so "I have to finish it").

    If anything, knowing her, and given her expression when she was strangling her, this would have probably made her feel worse when she clears her head and realizes that she killed someone important in Lev's life, in the same way Abby did to her. What would she do then, kill him to keep him from going after her? Killing a kid...this was going to give her nightmares for years.

    So yeah, I'm glad she's finally free, from the chains she put on herself, and that she's trying to move on in healthier ways. I'm definitely looking forward to see how she will come out of this experience in a third game.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Super-Shenron
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, take a look at this statue! @edgar.santanna

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    It finally arrived: The First of Us by Kopfstoff

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    In comparison, Grounded took me 32 hours.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Last of Us 2 Ending Theory/Belief

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    I think I know the reason Ellie spared Abby. It's because she didn't plan on killing her. I'm almost certain that Ellie didn't not seek out Abby the 2nd time to kill but for the opposite. Ellie pretty much got her revenge already. Not on Abby directly but between her & Tommy they killed all of her closest friends.

    I'm pretty sure after Ellie killed Mel she had completely abandoned her desire to kill Abby anymore. But Abby found her. So at that point it was a self defense situation. But it was obvious in a one on one encounter Abby was the tougher of the two. When Ellie decided to go after Abby the 2nd time she was pretty much anorexic & her motivation to live for anytime even Dina & the baby was broken. I imagine she thought when she found Abby she would still be the muscle bound woman that she was before. But when she found Abby she was a shell of her former self. If Ellie really wanted to kill her she could have just shot her. But she chose to use her knife & fist instead. When she realized she actual could kill her she started thinking of the fact it wouldn't bring Joel back. & also she was thinking about the horrible things she done herself. Realizing this was not the opponent she hopped for & that she didn't want to kill anymore she let her go.

    People think that Ellie sparing Abby was a story flaw but I'm damn near certain she didn't want to kill her. With all the pain she was carrying she knew that Abby was the way to a perfect death. Realizing that Abby not only didn't want to kill her & didn't have the ability too she let her go. That's my theory at least.

    submitted by /u/StrongStyleMuscle
    [link] [comments]

    Epilogue Ellie by Me

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment