• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    The Last of Us | I drew Ellie and friends, I hope you like it!

    The Last of Us | I drew Ellie and friends, I hope you like it!


    I drew Ellie and friends, I hope you like it!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I tried to paint ellie’s tattoo on my black guitar. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    Some shots of Ellie from day 3! :)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Here's my fanart of one my favorite scenes <3

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    My makeup Ellie ( le_atlass )

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    The pain in her eyes

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    so i did a thing today

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    Forest

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    FIFA 38

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    A Wolf's Ghost

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    (oc) ellie fanart: "fell on hard times a year ago "

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Seattle, Day 3.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    So.... I beat the last of us 2.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    Holy shit. Masterpiece is an understatement in my opinion. One of my all time favorite games ever. The storytelling, atmosphere, environment, characters, and gameplay are all on point. Abby in particular suck out to me, and in my opinion, I think Ellie is the closest thing to a "bad guy" in this story, and that's not a bad thing. Ellie and Abby are bent of revenge, but that only leads them both to loose more. Being the optimist I am, I headcannon lev and Abby going to a nice place and living happy, Dina and jj go back to Jackson, where Ellie meets them and gets her bracket back( the bracelet isn't on Ellie at Santa Barbra but she has it at the ending) Ellie goes back to their house and chooses to leave the guitar, and not be stuck on the past.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/pylon_land
    [link] [comments]

    My art of Ellie 2018 vs 2021

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    One of the reasons I love TLOU is that it's really good at what I call "moral tuning" especially with Joel

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Throughout playing as Joel in TLOU, my constant experience was that I could just barely tolerate his ethically ambiguous actions and that lent the story a compelling edge. Kind of like in a Tarantino film or an antihero-led show, mitigating factors always softened the blow of awful actions just enough to make me just barely manage to tolerate things I normally wouldn't.

    Everyone Joel kills in the early part of the game has wronged him first or broken some rule of gang/street justice. The clearest early example is Robert who essentially stole his and Tess' weapons. It still disturbed the fuck out of me when they broke his arm and killed him in cold blood and I didn't like Tess and Joel for doing it but his experience with Sarah, and the whole "the world has gone to shit and everyone follows street justice rules" thing prevented me from turning away completely.

    Later on in the game, his actions get even worse but they're matched by progressively extreme circumstances. A good example is the fact that Joel brutally tortures and kills two of David's people and then does it again with the Firefly guard Marlene assigns to him. That's utterly repulsive and I just barely tolerate it because, in the first instance, Joel believes Ellie is going to be raped and murdered by David and, in the second, he KNOWS that Ellie is going to be killed and dissected to find a cure. The brutality and the violence he showed always came from a place of cold pragmatism; I managed to tolerate it because he always seemed to sincerely believe that what he was doing was necessary for his survival or the survival of someone he clearly loved.

    When I first played TLOU, I really didn't like that Joel decided to sabotage the cure and I might have stopped him if I'd had the chance. (I've softened a little on that point but it upset me a lot at the time) The only thing that made me keep going was the sincerity of his love for Ellie and my trust that this was coming from his need to protect her.

    The final and most poignant example of this is the bombshell lie he tells Ellie at the end of Part I. I knew he was setting himself up for the misery of great strain on their relationship and I hated that thought, but my opinion of the ending has always been that it was beautifully ambiguous and bittersweet because, again, I fully believed it was coming from a place of complete sincerity. I don't think he did it out of cowardice, he just thought of her as a daughter and has a fanatical need to protect her from harm. So again, I went along and tolerated it whereas normally I'd be furious with a character for making a choice with such horrible consequences.

    This is what I mean, for TLOU, the "moral tuning" was always pitch perfect, I just barely managed to go along for the ride, and I enjoyed a memorable mix of emotions because of it.

    submitted by /u/Argentarius1
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part II awards surpassed The Witcher 3, God of War and Ghost of Tsushima.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    The beauty in the ugly world

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    ‘The Last Of Us’: Jasmila Žbanić & Ali Abbasi To Direct HBO Series Based On Video Game

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    As we approached the capitol building I noticed something was missing

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    My Joel and Ellie work in progress (14)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    My new monitor set up. Thought I’d share here

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    My cosplay of Ellie from TLOU2

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:06 PM PDT

    My Joel funko arrived today! Happy to finally pair him next to my Ellie one

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    My favorite character is Owen

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:34 PM PDT

    After playing the Last of Us part 2 with my mom I realized how much I like Owen. In my opinion he was the "goodest"character. He felt like the only good guy in game where no one is neither good or bad. I don't know if anyone else thought this but I thought it was interesting to think about.

    submitted by /u/brooklynnmaci
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment