• Breaking News

    Monday, March 22, 2021

    The Last of Us | My oil painting of TLOU part II. I'm obsessed with the game!

    The Last of Us | My oil painting of TLOU part II. I'm obsessed with the game!


    My oil painting of TLOU part II. I'm obsessed with the game!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    My cozy new phone wallpaper

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    I've just realized that the game starts and ends the same way

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    The last of us 2 insane melee combat

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Ellie's state of mind in the Epilogue

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    Last night I finished my third playthrough and I realized that I remembered the Epilogue as much darker and sadder than it really is. I guess months of a break since the last time I played it put it all into a different perspective, and allowed me to see it more objectively. The conclusion I settled in on is that Ellie is actually okay at the end of the game... or at least very close to it.

    I want to focus on Ellie's journal entries which are the window to her mind and soul at different moments in her life.

    I'll start by mentioning the last entry before Ellie leaves the farm to hunt Abby for the last time. Especially the poem on the right side. It's clear that at this point Ellie was suicidal and her going after Abby was the only option - otherwise, Ellie would most likely kill herself. Notice drawings of moths that are few and far between. She "has been waiting for the dawn, but the light was all gone."

    What I noticed in the entries made during her journey to California is that it's mostly focused on Dina and JJ. At this point, she started to realize what was important in her life and what she was loosing by going after Abby. Also, the general tone of those entries starts to be different, not so dark as it used to be. Again, please take note of the moths. There's an increasing number of them, and as their drawings get bolder the more she misses her family and the more she starts to doubt in her hunt for Abby.

    And then these two pages happen. These (below the red line) were made after the last confrontation with Abby. Once again I want you to focus for a moment on the moths and compare them to the drawing from the previous page. This time it seems like Ellie was more confident in drawing them, they seem strong, bold and fill the page. When Ellie started this journey she believed that "the light was all gone", but since moths are always trying to look for the light, it clearly shows how far Ellie progressed at his point.

    But it's not all. Ont the right side there's a new poem. When the last one was dark and mentioned thoughts of suicide, this one is somber, yes, but ends on a very hopeful note.

    I could be in the woods

    Left for the insects to clean

    Until the iron smell is gone

    Until I'm bleached and brittle;

    Ready to display

    I bolded the last verse since it directly connects to the drawing of Dina and JJ. It's clear that Ellie plans to return to them once she feels she is ready. The question is, when Ellie leaves the farm for the last time (after visiting the empty house), is she going to the woods to clean (heal) herself until she is ready to display, or that part is already behind her?

    At this point, I think both options are possible, but I still lean towards the latter option. For one we have this. It's the very last drawing in her journal. It's the first time since Joel's death that she was able to draw his eyes, and on top of all that, he seems at peace. Additional things are the lack of weapons in her backpack and Dina's wristband on her hand. This shows that Ellie is at peace by that point, at peace with Joel's death, done with her guilt and at peace with what Abby's done. This makes me think that she is in fact "ready to display".

    On the other hand, maybe TLOU Part III will be all about Ellie's "going to the woods to clean herself until she is ready to display". Either way, both options are exciting and we only have to wait almost a decade to find out ;)

    submitted by /u/hermiona52
    [link] [comments]

    "To be alone with me, you went up on a tree..."

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    I've never cried so many times while playing a video game before. Such a masterpiece in every aspect!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Very happy with this. Not a fun session but very happy..

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Ellie and Joel's relationship with violence

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    I think it's really interesting how differently Joel and Ellie view killing in each game, especially since Joel taught Ellie basically everything she knew about surviving.

    Joel sees killing people as just a means to an end. They're in the way, and since they would kill him if they saw him, he has to kill them first. He finds no joy in it, and the gameplay reflects that, with most of his combat dialogue being silent or just confirming that he and Ellie are now safe. There's no fancy combat moves, just simple and efficient gunplay and melee moves (for the most part).

    Ellie is totally different; for her, killing people fuels her ego. Even in the first game she treated it as an ego boost, often swearing at the person after she killed them. It seems like a small thing but I think it says a ton about her personality. But since her gameplay was in service of helping Joel, it felt like she was justified in the context of the story. In the second game she takes it to a whole new level, with her often goading her opponents on in firefights. The execution kills highlight this, as the sequences only exist so Ellie can intimidate her opponent before brutally killing them.

    I think this also ties into the ending, as Ellie choosing not to kill Abby shows her attempting to control her ego.

    I don't really have a point here, I just thought it was an interesting topic. I heard it mentioned in the Last of Us podcast and it got me thinking.

    submitted by /u/Possible-Advance3871
    [link] [comments]

    This game man...... (@elliesarrow Twitter)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Why is it TLOU2 haters are fine with fungus zombies but a woman being able to be muscular in the post apocalypse is unrealistic?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    This makes no sense whatsoever, so they're willing to believe in spore zombies but a buff woman breaks their suspension of belief? They're ok that in both games , the player characters were able to take on hundreds of people , and there are enough bullets lying around to supply a small army, but they question where a woman could have access to enough calories to stay muscular?

    submitted by /u/SJWagner
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like Clancy Brown to play Part III's antagonist...

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    HBO SERIES: Some dialogue remains the same, while other moments will greatly "deviate" to be more fitting for the TV medium

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    Can someone clarify this for me

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:34 PM PDT

    Why does Abby let Ellie go when Ellie literally murdered all of her friends and tried to kill her. Abby killed Joel for less Why does Ellie let Abby go too? I know she doesn't want to kill her out of hate anymore but to stop her ptsd but literally all the shit she has been through she lost everything for nothing. Dont get me wrong i didn't want either to do die but it just didn't add up to me. That's probably my only big issue with the plot

    submitted by /u/Bejdza
    [link] [comments]

    Playing As Joel in The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    It's almost been a decade since this masterpiece released, I've played more times than I can even remotely try to find out, and I'm still finding more tiny, tiny details. I never noticed the woman shot by the military turret actually saw Joel and Ellie, even pointing to the window. Fucking insane!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    Did Ellie and Jessie REALLY need to go around through an unknown building?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    Grounded Mode, Hey? (Serious Post and Humorous Post)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Welp, I just finished Grounded mode. T'was quite the challenge but worth it. Actually helped me be more careful on my aim and make every shot count a hell lot more.

    However, luckily managed to get through the guitar-playing sequences and gathering all the sheep back to the barn in Grounded Mode 🤣

    submitted by /u/eddielammusic
    [link] [comments]

    Tlou3

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    Tlou2 must end at Catalina to set up open world on the island right? It's small enough for them to recreate building for building...

    submitted by /u/troydub
    [link] [comments]

    did some Tlou inspired art i think it turned out well

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    I was replay the first game and I was messing around with the camera and noticed a detail that I didnt know about.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment