• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 31, 2021

    The Last of Us | My basic custom 5, with bonus Ellie hiding from the Seraphites in the background.

    The Last of Us | My basic custom 5, with bonus Ellie hiding from the Seraphites in the background.


    My basic custom 5, with bonus Ellie hiding from the Seraphites in the background.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    Uncharted 4 TLOU Easter Eggs

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Got this one! Thought you guys might appreciate it.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    HBO's The Last of Us adaptation to shoot in Calgary area

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    My drawings of Ellie 2-3 months ago(first picture) and now (second picture) also threw in a firefly logo and Abby for good measure

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    My Funko Pops have finally arrived from the USA��

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    In praise of the Seraphites as an addition to/deepening of TLOU’s world — how they’re first revealed (very frightening), their look and vibe (cult-y, creepy), and to an extent their philosophy (pre-Martyr, obviously)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    Those unmistakable,

    Piercing,

    Sharp Loud Whistles,

    Cutting through the pouring rain out of nowhere.

    You drop to the ground instinctively, try and peer through the petrichor-scented leafy gloom —

    Torches.

    Silhouettes. Raised bows, chirping to each other in those bone-chilling whistles.

    Not since Jurassic Park's kitchen scene,

    Seeing how the raptors communicated with each other,

    Wordlessly hunting like that...

    Have I been as scared as I was when the Seraphites appear in TLOUII.

    They're my favourite part of the TLOU universe,

    And honestly,

    Philosophically (up until the martyrdom and then becoming crazy),

    I would so have vibed with their approach to the Apocalypse,

    Seeing it as this invitation to hit the reset button on civilisation.

    I see what happened to their order as tragic:

    From Disney to Midsommar, something fierce 😳

    Neil, Craig (Mazin, who created HBO's Chernobyl, who is helping Neil develop the series),

    If you're reading this,

    Ari Aster (Midsommar, director) would be perfect for directing the Seraphite episodes in season 2 🏹🙏😃

    Any other Seraphite appreciation out there?

    Any films like JP that TLOU surpassed for you in any way?

    What do you think HBO need to keep in mind when bringing them into live action?

    u/Voldsby + u/-Anne-Marie- and I will read out and discuss your responses on the next episode of The Last Of Us Podcast 🎙 🤘

    PS: starting a doom band called Seraphite Altar, DM if interested 😁

    submitted by /u/albertchessaofficial
    [link] [comments]

    Hmmm...Something is wrong here ����

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    INCREDIBLE Out of Bounds Details in The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    I'm glad I played LOU2, but I don't think I want to play it a second time.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    It felt like playing a game that was centered around the holocaust. It felt like playing a game where I was a cop who has to deal with domestic violence and there's a child hugging my knees. It felt like a story where I play as the child and my parents are divorcing. It felt like I had to put down my dog. It felt like breaking up with my first love. It felt fucking awful.

    There were many, many moments where I was immersed in the gameplay and I was just on the edge of my seat at what was going down. I honestly felt both sides of the story, Ellie and Abby's. I'm glad I played it, but it's very depressing. You wouldn't sit with your boys and be like, "Hey, let's put on 'The Pianist' or 'The Boy in Striped Pajamas.'" But you're sure glad you watched those movies.

    submitted by /u/ionevenobro
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat TLOU2

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Somehow I've managed to avoid spoilers for a full year and finally finish it. I enjoyed the game, thought it dragged on a little too long in some parts and I think the visit to the Scars island was a little ridiculous because it was an obvious suicide mission.

    But the one thing that strikes me the most is during that scene of Part 1 Ellie says "I'm scared of being alone" and that's exactly how she ended the second game. I feel bad for her 😭

    submitted by /u/NotReallyASnake
    [link] [comments]

    You can climb the dinosaur

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Just played the museum section on my 2nd time through and you can climb the T-Rex outside as Ellie and jump off into the water. No idea why I didn't try it the first time, but I thought "Ellie would totally climb this thing" and I tried it out.

    submitted by /u/ladrac1
    [link] [comments]

    The last of us 2 sucks! (But not what you think...)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    I love this game! They story bothered me, I wish it could have been different, but hey what are ya gonna do? The gameplay is so good its UNREAL! This is the future of gaming, so seamless, so intuitive its damn near perfect in terms of character movement and environment. My issue is 100% with the grounded mode. It says it is the "most realistic experience" I call BS. I buy most of it except for the enemy aiming, total bullcrap! Like the enemy see you and yes everyone is alerted and they shoot on sight, but cmon are you telling me that EVERY SINGLE human enemy has deadshot John Wick level accuracy? It's stupid. If a target is running or even dam near walking its gotta be super hard to hit a head/centermass shot on first sight first shot within less than a second!! Give me chance U FRKIN B

    submitted by /u/tonypiv
    [link] [comments]

    This arrived in the post today

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:31 AM PDT

    I made original redshirt Ellie and greenshirt Joel playable in part two. Video link because the mobile app is garbage an just gives vague errors when trying to upload any video to reddit

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    Is there a note anywhere in Part I or Part II which explains the symptoms someone experiences when they’re infected?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    While they're still human, before they've turned into a Runner. I can sort of imagine how it goes, but I'm writing a little thing set in the universe and I want to get it right - if nothing like that exists, then I could just go with my best guess. Can't seem to recall seeing anything which explains it in detail, though.

    EDIT: I did see the bank robber note a couple of days ago and that was very helpful, was just wondering if there were more that I could read to know more about the symptoms it causes.

    submitted by /u/TheUFCVeteran3
    [link] [comments]

    This explosive arrow trick is the best. And most gruesome.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Bella giving off some strong Ellie vibes (short film Zero)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    (Roughly) How I Would Write Pt.2

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    First, as a disclaimer while I am making personal revisions, I still think "The Last of Us Pt. 2" is a beautiful game and I appreciate and respect it so much. As well as all the people who have put their time and effort into this game. With that being said this is my own personal idea of how I would have liked to see it go. SPOILERS AHEAD.

    As someone who is in between Ellie's ages in "The Last of Us" and "The Last of Us pt.2" and who also bears a resemblance to Ellie in both looks and personality. This is how I would do the last of us part two.

    The push to sympathize with Abby was overbearing to say the least. The death of a character we have grown to love felt like an apparent use for a "shock factor" and definitely (obviously) was meant to drive the plot. But it feels a bit out of place and completely contradicts the original message of tlou. I could go on a wholeeee other tangent about why but, getting to the point, the plot would have been so much better if it had been a story about forgiveness. It would have better bridged (no pun intended but also haha) the gap between pt. 1 and pt. 2 much better as well as eased the plot along better creating a game that matches better.

    Keep Abbys Revenge Plot and follow her as she makes her way to Joel. Interweave the amazing flashbacks we see throughout the game into the plot as well to ad the angst and drive the plot showing the separation of the two and Ellies bitterness towards Joel. Show Ellie making her way to the camp and finding Joel along with possibly other instances so we can keep some gameplay as her older self additionally. But most importantly, change the course of Joel's death scene.

    Keep in Joel being beaten to an inch of his life. Ellie bursts in and sees it just how it pans out originally. Her being restrained and begging for Joel's life. But here's the change, In the final moments before the last blow of the golf club, Ellie, In a last desperate attempt calls out for Joel but says "Dad". Even though the father-daughter dynamic is apparent through both games, this is the first time Ellie has overtly referred to Joel as "Dad". (This is not meant to force a "your my dad" sappy kind of relationship but to add a shift in mood). This statement makes Abby stop in her tracks.

    She looks at herself and finally realizes what she's doing. How doing this makes her no better than Joel. Just like he did so many years ago, she's taking someone else's Father from them. She runs off to her boat (goodbye or whatever) to Santa Barbara. Joel ends up surviving and this instance makes Ellie realize that even though she was angry about what Joel lying about what happened at the hospital all those years ago, and Ellie's feelings about Joel and Salt Lake City are valid. Joel means so much more to her than her anger, and truly losing him would be devastating. It ends with a scene of them beginning to rekindle their relationship, maybe even that movie night Ellie had planned before everything went down. The very last scene is of the last flashback with Joel on his porch and is kept relatively the same but the dialogue is modified to suit what I wrote above.

    It's not super detailed yet, and more things definitely need to be added to make it connect into a full game. But that's the rough consensus of it. Maybe I'm projecting, and maybe I'm being too soft. I know this story isn't meant for happy endings. But I just feel like the revenge plot turned oh-wait-nevermind-it-was-all-for-nothing. Doesn't entirely work and leaves things empty and unanswered (and not in a cool way). These are my own opinions and ideas and you don't have to agree with them but it's just how I would have liked to see it pan out. Again these are my own opinions and Ideas, Please keep any comments constructive.

    submitted by /u/thesarahjeanscott
    [link] [comments]

    The embargo

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Hi does anyone know where I can find the official embargo for LOU2? I need to reference it in a piece of work I'm doing and can't find it anywhere

    submitted by /u/victoria_boo
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in Argentina?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment