• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 14, 2021

    The Last of Us | Hi, I made a digital painting of Ellie! This is was my first time using color in my art, so go easy on me :) I enjoyed making it, and I like the way it turned out, so I hope y’all like it too.

    The Last of Us | Hi, I made a digital painting of Ellie! This is was my first time using color in my art, so go easy on me :) I enjoyed making it, and I like the way it turned out, so I hope y’all like it too.


    Hi, I made a digital painting of Ellie! This is was my first time using color in my art, so go easy on me :) I enjoyed making it, and I like the way it turned out, so I hope y’all like it too.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 08:52 AM PST

    I asked Jocelyn Mettler how the idea for her being Abbys face model came around !

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:25 AM PST

    Pedro Pascal as Joel portrait, Twitter : @artbychen_

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:23 PM PST

    Story theory that I just picked up on that I havent seen mentioned elsewhere (spoiler obv)

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:45 PM PST

    One thing that I only thought recently, when you're in the hospital basement as Ellie, everyone hears the WLF guards commenting on the power being on (because Abby is down there or has been down there). What gets missed sometimes is that as Ellie asks Nora "where is Abby?" you can hear what sounds like the distant sound of the rat king screeching, possibly as it is fighting Abby.

    So if you follow the logic from there- after killing Nora, Ellie will either have to find a way back out through the hospital which is probably difficult as there may still be soldiers in there OR use the same exit (through the basement garage) that Abby uses. Obviously the game makers wouldn't want this as you would see the results of the rat king battle on the way before you have the battle later.

    My point here is that Ellie is probably way closer behind Abby than you would think and they miss each other by minutes (though Abby has the faster exit on the boat).

    Therefore in stalling Ellie... Nora is actually saving Abby's life. Probably intentionally... but Ellie doesn't pick up on it. Nora only gives herself the chance of a quicker death once Abby is safely away from the hospital... giving Abby a higher chance of survival as well, as Nora would know that Owen, Mel and Alice would all likely be together at the aquarium.

    This also then leads to the irony that the torture that Ellie does in this scene actually prevents her from reaching Abby sooner, as she was right on her tail without knowing it.

    submitted by /u/chelski365
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite portraits I’ve done so far. Hope you like it :)

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:26 AM PST

    Look no hate, but I do wish there were more Joel-Ellie segments in Part 2. I thought of one:

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 07:24 PM PST

    Imagine: You are playing as Joel with grown up Ellie giving you support. They run into some enemies. They kill everyone, obviously. But Joel is left injured after the fight.

    They come across a water body that they have to cross to reach Jackson.

    Joel: Kiddo, I don't think I can make it across. We gotta find another way. Ellie: Are you sure? Joel: Yep. Really feelin' my age now.

    Ellie looks around for alternate paths. But her eye catches something bobbing around in the water.

    Ellie (smiling): Would you look at that?

    Joel looks at it.

    Joel: No. Absolutely not. Ellie: This is totally happening. I've been waiting my whole life for this.

    scene cuts to Ellie in the water holding a wooden pallet

    Joel: I don't know kiddo... Ellie(laughing): Just get on the fucking pallet Joel! XD

    Joel jumps on the pallet. You play as Ellie taking him slowly across the water. Ellie laughs.

    Joel: What? Ellie: Nothing. Just takes me back.

    (The scene changes with you playing as Joel taking Ellie across the water in the Outskirts, Pittsburgh, the Suburbs and Tommy's Dam back in Part 1)

    (Scene changes back)

    Joel smiles. He looks at Ellie's happy face and how much she has grown.

    Joel (under his breath): Me too babygirl. Me too.

    (scene changes to Ellie helping Joel walk to Jackson with his arm around her)

    Joel: Please don't tell anyone about this. Ellie: I'm SO telling everyone about this. Joel(blushing): Ellie please... Ellie: Okay but I get to pick tonight's movie. Joel(smiling): Deal.

    submitted by /u/Primus09
    [link] [comments]

    I finished part 1 with my cousin today

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:58 PM PST

    disclaimer: he's still a kid and it was the first time he played a game where you have to shoot (he's played 2018 spider-man before but that's all). also this is going to be veeeeeery long.

    almost a year ago, I made him buy TLOU. He played till Tess died, but then he got bored. I'm sure he was scared of infected too + he had troubles even on the easiest difficulty. His broken controller didn't help either.

    yesterday he asked me if I'm willing to play with him, obviously I said yes (I wanted to replay Part 1 soooo much). He gave me his controller first and I played for a couple of hours (from arriving in Bill's town to finding Sam and Henry). Then he tried playing for a while but eventually got scared when we had to fight infected. I played till both Sam and Henry died. During the cutscene, he said 'what an idiot' after Henry shot himself but that's it's. then he just sat quiet.

    He did the part with Tommy all by himself. He sat quiet and didn't say anything during both the cutscene where Joel is shouting at Tommy and where Ellie is shouting at Joel. He's the type of person who can't shut up, so I was hoping that he'll say something, but no.

    He gave me the controller bc he was afraid of infected again (not blaming him tho, after I beat P1 I was afraid of going to the bathroom at night for a month lmao), but when we arrived in this building where we were supposed to meet the fireflies, he wanted to play and even though it took him a few attempts, he didn't rage or give up. He was terrified when Joel fell but I screwed up there bc I've already told him that Joel will be in P2 so I guess it didn't affect him as it would if I didn't tell him that.

    then the winter part started and it was the first time where he didn't want me to fight infected. he killed the bloater himself and obviously it took him a while but I can tell he was very satisfied when he finally did it! He didn't say anything about david but I've seen him going 😳 when he told Ellie that 'some guy killed lots of his people and the interesting thing is that he was travelling with a little girl'. He then played till Ellie showed her bite to David and killed his friend. He got exhausted and gave the controller to me. Unfortunately he wasn't around when Joel was torturing these 2 guys but then he sat there and watched me play. He was cheering me up all the time, tried to give me some advice when I was low etc. When we finally got to kill David he sat quiet once again.

    I don't remember when exactly, but I'm 1000% sure he used 'baby girl' once when he was plying later.

    then nothing special has happened, I told him to just walk through infected and we got to the hospital. next there was this cutscene where Marlene told Joel that Ellie will undergo an operation. my cousin finally said something during the cutscene there. He asked me if Ellie will remember anything if they cut off some part of her brain. he didn't even acknowledge that ellie could actually die (and probably would) during this operation and I guess that just shows how much he sympathised with her.

    then Joel started his rampage and I guess it was the hardest part of the game for my cousin. He died at least 7 times but he didn't rage or give up once again, tbh I didn't expect that. I thought the hospital battle will be too hard for him and I'll have to play but I'm glad he did it by himself.

    when he walked in the operation room, he quickly asked me if he has to kill the doctors. I answered that he has to kill the main one and he didn't even let Jerry finish his quote. He didn't bully the other doctors, he grabbed Ellie and ran out. During the escape he was asking me for directions all the time but he made it to the elevator. During the final cutscene he said 'I knew she's gonna be there' when Marlene showed up. then Joel was in a car riding away from the hospital. when Ellie woke up he said "I was sure he left her there' and I could sense happiness in his voice. Just before we saw Joel killing Marlene, he asked if Joel has killed her.

    he sat quiet during the last cutscene where Joel lies to Ellie. I think he agrees with his choice but he didn't play part2 yet. I don't want him to play part 2 just yet bc he's strongly attached to Joel and Ellie and I don't think he could handle his death, he's still a kid after all. Also part 2 is much longer, more depressing and just... tough. The level of realistic violence is crazy and I don't want to screw him up. Also, I don't have a clue how would he react to Ellie sparing Joel's killer or to Abby at all. I mean, he's not dumb, he would understand why Abby did that but I'm not sure if he was 'okay' with that. He'd probably be conflicted and sad and I don't want that, so if he don't want to play Part 2 immediately, I won't force him anytime soon.

    The best thing is that I got to 'replay' the first part and it only took 2 days. Some aspects of the story has hit me different, for example: I didn't realise half of human enemies we've fought were David's people, I didn't realise David was a pedo (wtf, he was holding Ellie's hands and called her 'special' in a flirty-like voice), I didn't remember how close Joel was from getting rid of Ellie and the most important thing: how the game shows that Joel's decision was bad. Joel was awkwardly trying to find an excuse, marlene was begging for mercy and he shot her for the third time - in the head, Ellie was asking questions just after they got out of the hospital. Now I'm not saying it's bad or anything but it just feels... different. When I first completed Part 1 I didn't question this decision and didn't realise that the game did. In the end, I think his choice was selfish and not good but it was also the best possible. He gave Ellie a new life by saving her and as he said - 'something to live for'. I think she realises it by the end of the second part. I'm glad I've 'replayed' it and got my cousin into TLOU universe.

    TL;DR- I got my younger cousin to play first TLOU and he loved it. It was probably the first time he was interested this much in a video game characters fate. I played a bit too and I watched every cutscene so I also kinda 'replayed' it. The second play through showed me some new things and changed my understanding of the ending a little bit.

    submitted by /u/Jasiuuuuuuu
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS- just finished basic training and did this from memory, enjoy!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:37 PM PST

    The beautiful abandoned places of TLOU 2 - a cinematic video done in Photo Mode [VIDEO]

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:40 AM PST

    Here ya go, Dina!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:26 AM PST

    Really hard to finish the game but not for what you are thinking (Heavy Spoilers)

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:58 PM PST

    Had a really hard time finishing the farm - hotel - the beach part of the game.

    It was really really really fucked up. I can't remember playing a game and having to endure shit like this. I read dark literature, watch dark shows, play dark games but this was just....tough.

    Abby really grew on me when I thought I would never care for her.

    I got super emotional seeing her the shell of what she used to be on the beach tied up.

    You know she was probably gang raped and put to work for months and months on end with only darkness and pain as her daily life.

    Having to fight Ellie and then also going back to Ellie was a bit weird because 75% of the time I played as Abby I was bitching that I wanted to play as Ellie again. Then along the way that final 25% I found myself not wanting her playtime to end.

    Was horrified that Ellie was actually going to kill her and was shocked that Ellie would even consider to 1v1 fight after seeing what she's been through.

    Pretty fucked up game that is in my mind a sequel in name alone. It was a sequel in part 2 of the story but this was an entirely dark/amazing game that I wouldn't even consider the same type of experience as part 1.

    I uninstalled after I finished because I need some more time to reflect on my journey and theirs.

    submitted by /u/725M4
    [link] [comments]

    Got these for my birthday.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Julien 2 reflects on The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:03 AM PST

    Books for people who enjoyed TLOU?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:24 AM PST

    Any ideas?

    I recently read Station 11 by Emily St John Mandel, about a traveling theater troupe near the Great Lakes after 90% of the worlds population is wiped out by a pandemic (how timely). There's no zombies, but the whole time I was reading it, I couldn't help but imagine Ellie and Abby living out their lives in the same world. The details for so perfectly. There's shoot outs, an extremist cult, rummaging abounded building and homes, kidnappings... and its beautifully written. If I could find a book even close to this, I'd be very happy. Doesn't necessarily need to be post apocalyptic.

    submitted by /u/curlyhairedgal28
    [link] [comments]

    Out of these people, who is your favorite?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:51 PM PST

    Pretty amazing edit with the HBO faces on the video game scenes courtesy of Abby Stan account

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:34 PM PST

    Downward Thrust: I Finally Finished The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 10:30 AM PST

    Should I play The Last Of Us 2 if I don’t like horror?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 06:39 PM PST

    I just got a ps5 and i've never had a playstation before, so i played The Last of Us, and i loved it, probably one of my favorite games ever. I want to play the sequel, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I'm not a big fan of horror movies or games, because I just don't find much fun in being scared. tlou1 wasn't that scary, it was just creepy for the most part, except for that one hotel basement, that scared the shit out of me. I can handle the occasional scary sections, but it just gets tiring if it's often. I've heard the sequel is a lot scarier, but i'm not sure if it's true.

    (also, i know it's a very polarizing game, I don't really care whether ppl think it a good game or not)

    submitted by /u/upinflames_
    [link] [comments]

    I'm on a playthrough of the last of us part II with render modes and I need some ideas.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:15 PM PST

    Spoilers for part II.

    So I'm going to use watercolour for Jackson because Ellie is happy and it's kinda all good with Dina. After the Joel incident I'm going to use afterlife for Ellie, I think it's fitting. I'm kinda stumped for what to do with Abby and Santa Barbara, so I was hoping you guys would have some ideas? Let me know!

    submitted by /u/Apollothethird
    [link] [comments]

    A thought?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 09:35 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    So a group of friends and I were discussing if they should make a third part to the series and what type of new things could they add gameplay wise and character wise. As we fell down that rabbit hole some interesting question were asked.

    First, If Ellie were to cover one of her arrows in her blood and shoot someone, not a kill shot, with it (I'm aware that it's usually a one shot kill gameplay wise with the bow but in theory) would they become infected? I know her infection is mutated so I'm unsure what the rules of her mutation are. Just a curious thought.

    Take care everyone!

    submitted by /u/Ralin1004
    [link] [comments]

    Drew my favourite scene, hope y'all like it!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment