• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    The Last of Us | This lady just showed up at my house and keeps asking for burritos, please help

    The Last of Us | This lady just showed up at my house and keeps asking for burritos, please help


    This lady just showed up at my house and keeps asking for burritos, please help

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Thank you to my girlfriend for getting me TLOU1 art book for Christmas. It'll go nicely next to my part 2 book

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:02 AM PST

    I remade my Ellie sim in The Sims 4.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    my fiance got me my new favorite shirt for Christmas. link in the comments!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:18 AM PST

    y’all know the vibes

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:32 PM PST

    My girlfriend drew this and gave it to me for Christmas!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:05 AM PST

    You feeling ok Dina?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:34 PM PST

    My brother got me this beautiful print for Christmas! I love it (keeping in plastic for safe travels)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    My girlfriend came through with the goods on Xmas!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:22 PM PST

    Posted Ellie erlier, time for Joel :p

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:56 PM PST

    This is not a hug. He is trying to hold her, because he realizes he is about to lose her

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Just finish TLOU2

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Wow. My favorite game of all time. I would pay money to be able to play this game for the first time again. Well done to the dev team on making an absolutely beautiful game. It dosent happen often I feel this way over a game, I felt so many emotions through out the whole story.

    submitted by /u/RKozuh
    [link] [comments]

    As a huge fan of both games, I think they share one glaring flaw

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:46 PM PST

    I've seen a lot of people say TLOU2 (and 1) has fun but uninventive combat. I have 479 hours on this game, I know it inside and out, and I heavily disagree with this assessment of the combat system. But that is not a knock on them... it's a knock on the game.

    I think this game is a 10/10 in all categories including combat. This doesn't mean it isn't flawed, and namely I think it shares one glaring flaw with Part 1:

    Both games do not teach you how to play them well. They try, but they fail, and it's hard to pinpoint why. Though Part 2 does a much better job of it.

    Basically, both games can, but shouldn't, be played like a low-ammo version of Gears of war with some basic stealth mechanics. In Part 1 especially, the combat areas are fully littered with low lying cover that encourages you to switch into "third person cover shooter" mode. And it's not because the game itself forces you into it... It's because that's what OTHER GAMES have taught you to do.

    Here's how you should play this game:

    Fucking. Melee. Takedowns.

    Throw a bottle at their face then fuck their shit up. Shoot them in the legs then fuck their shit up. Throw a smoke bomb then fuck their shit up. Wait for them to turn the corner then fuck their shit up. Jump off a nearby roof and fuck their shit up.

    Just. Press. Square. Play cat and mouse, make them come to you then Fuck. Their. Shit. Up.

    The problem is, I didn't play like this on my first playthrough. Or on the second. Or on the third... I truly believe that if people played this game the way it's meant to be played, they'd see how different and fun the combat system is. But the third person cover shooter is such a prevalent genre that it's making TLOU1/2 boring games not because they are, but because they can be.

    And yet, the feedback loops are there: guns have low accuracy, a slow firing rate, they're long to reload, ammo is very scarce and enemies are really hard to kill without headshots, which are hard to nail due to the weapon sway and everything else, your health is low and enemies can easily see you and shoot you while you aim which destabilizes you even more, your health doesn't regenerate automatically so you can't just pop out of cover then pop in when the screen is red... And despite that, people tend to think that the game has below average gun mechanics instead of realizing that maybe they shouldn't be trying to kill enemies off one by one with headshots from cover at a safe distance.

    And it's not even just the guns: when you shoot an enemy who has a melee weapon, they almost never drop it. But if you melee or stealth kill them, they ALWAYS drop it. So the more melee you use, the more melee hits you have available.

    Clearly, the game is designed in a way to make gunplay a last resort scenario instead of your main combat recourse, and yet people just keep thinking the game is a low ammo version of Gears of War.

    I don't know how to fix this issue. I think one thing that could help is forcing players to fight without guns for a few levels with limited amounts of cover so they can't fully stealth it. Or maybe some type of boss fight against an enemy that does use the game's mechanics correctly, similar to father gascoigne in BloodBorne. Or maybe a companion character that shows you the ropes.

    submitted by /u/dospaquetes
    [link] [comments]

    Nice Christmas gift I recieved

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:41 PM PST

    Ellie begginer fan art :p

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:22 PM PST

    Really enjoyed my Xmas gifts this year

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    According to the PS5 looks like I have 148 hours of playtime

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Least favorite infected?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 08:20 PM PST

    The scene that caused my highest anxiety level

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Abby putting the knive on Dinas throat in the theatre. I was 100% sure that Abby would kill her. Do you think Lev was the only reason she diddn't do it?

    submitted by /u/59843023
    [link] [comments]

    Hard+ Permadeath Whole Game run cut short due to glitch ��

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:59 AM PST

    The Last of Us Part II Poster Journey by @IconicNephilim

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment