• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    The Last of Us | Game Informer’s “Moment of the Year” - Honestly this scene alone made the 7 years wait worth it 💙

    The Last of Us | Game Informer’s “Moment of the Year” - Honestly this scene alone made the 7 years wait worth it ��


    Game Informer’s “Moment of the Year” - Honestly this scene alone made the 7 years wait worth it ��

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:54 PM PST

    �� Christmas 2035 ��

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:57 AM PST

    New Christmas read!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:40 AM PST

    Check out my tote bag ! Painted myself :)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 01:19 AM PST

    A higher quality version of this beautiful Playstation GOTY image for you guys.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:52 PM PST

    This game is phenomenal and I don't know what to do with myself

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:38 PM PST

    I was one of those sceptics that assumed the game was bad after seeing all the negative reviews but never looked into it too much in case I wanted to play it later. As soon as I got my hands on my PS5 I decided to try TLOU remaster and was instantly hooked and ordered a copy of TLOU 2 before I had even finished it.

    I've finished the game this week and I am completely blown away by the way it made me feel so many intense emotions. Like this game made me FEEL stuff that I haven't felt in a while. Like there are games that I've played that I probably enjoyed more than this, but nothing compares to the way this game pulled me in. I feel like I want to go into the game and continue the story.

    I feel mentally drained from this but I'm so obsessed and just want to play more!

    submitted by /u/Poonslayer123
    [link] [comments]

    Just got this for Christmas, I'm very excited

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 03:29 PM PST

    I surprised my gf with the remastered version and she's spending Christmas day playing. Merry Christmas everyone!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    Got these 2 for $25 on FB. I can’t wait to finally dive into part 2. I’ve only watched vids up until now. Merry Christmas!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:50 PM PST

    i know this is irrelevant since it’s christmas but it’s been 1 whole year since i beat the last of us, the game they got me into story games :)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:08 PM PST

    I present to you... THE SUPERBOW!!!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Super neat Christmas Eve gift from my fiancé. I appreciate her.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:13 PM PST

    Christmas gift from my older sister. She knows I'm a fan.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Wife made me this amazing keyring!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Got this for Christmas. (Live in Norway so time zones are a bit different)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Needless to say: I can't freakin' wait to begin this new chapter

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 11:47 PM PST

    Merry Christmas!!! ���� (Waiting for Ellie ��)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Felt like these synchronized kills were too nice not to share

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:36 PM PST

    Joel Pencil Sketch [OC]

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 06:07 AM PST

    Tiny Christmas giveaway: in honour of Joel, tell me your best ‘dad joke’ and I’ll send the funniest this pin that I got with my collectors edition Part 2. Will ship anywhere.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Finally beat the game on Grounded+. It was absolutely brutal but an amazing experience

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:39 AM PST

    Why Part II Works for Me

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:10 PM PST

    I know people will disagree with parts of my take, but my interpretation of the series is why I found the end result authentic and emotionally satisfying.

    I played the first game knowing virtually nothing about it, except for the fact that people found the ending controversial.

    By the end, I came to really enjoy Joel and Ellie, but even then, I never agreed with what Joel did. Although I understood why he did it, it felt wrong to me. But, another thing popped into my head before that moment, which was Joel telling Ellie that he's done a lot of messed up things. To me, he said it like a man who knew his days were marked.

    So, when Joel got murdered, I hated it, but I wasn't surprised. Admittedly, I hated Abby at first, but once learning her side, it's clear this is some petty grievance.

    The thing is: Joel didn't have to murder ANYONE. He literally didn't. Or, at least, very few people. Many have played the game either with very few kills or none at all. Some were even upset that they had to kill the doctor in the end because they'd gotten that far without killing anyone. Despite Jerry having a scalpel, Joel could've subdued him without harming him. And, yet, he chose to murder him.

    Joel also didn't have to kill Marlene and only did it to make sure no one found them.

    The idea that Joel did what he did to "save" Ellie because the fireflies didn't know what they were doing doesn't fit the actual narrative. Joel didn't care about the cure and he wouldn't choose the cure over Ellie of it meant Ellie dying. Joel wanted to kill any and everyone who could take Ellie away from him.

    And, here's the thing: only a few people knew that Ellie had to die, Jerry, Abby, Marlene, and the doctors. Everyone else was clueless. So Joel literally killed innocent fireflies.

    But, the other part that makes me side against Joel was his initial and constant lying to Ellie. He didn't do that to protect Ellie, he did it to protect himself.

    Despite all of this, I still enjoy his character. He's complicated and flawed, but feels human.

    I've said in another thread that I believe Abby had more justification for wanting to murder Joel than Ellie did in wanting to murder Abby. Although she was driven by her dad's death, Joel took more than Jerry from her. He took a lot from many people. But, once Ellie realizes that this was former fireflies getting revenge, I think this is where she lost her rightful claim to vengeance. Her continuing her quest was about trying to forgive herself.

    Ultimately, i believe ND was trying to challenge us and some of our blind belief that because we love the protagonist, their actions are right; the antagonist is wrong by default. BUT, that doesn't mean you can't care for your favorite character, want the best for them, and want them to get to a better place.

    IMO, Ellie was wrong after she spoke to Nora. Despite this, I didn't hate her, I just wanted her to find productive and appropriate ways to deal with her guilt and anger. Violence and murder didn't seem like the answer. When I fought her as abby, I didn't want anything to happen to her. When I fought Abby as her, I didn't want Abby to die and I didn't want anything to happen to Ellie. I didn't want her to completely lose herself. Hell, I didn't even want her to leave the farm.

    I don't think ND framed Ellie as evil or unable to be redeemed, but showing how the grip of grief can be unrelenting and consume us. During the entire story, I felt fit Ellie and I just wanted her to forgive herself and deal with her grief head on.

    Where as Abby seemed like the villain, but she was simply a person torn apart by what Joel did. She couldn't move on, she couldn't see anything beyond revenge. And then when she achieved it, she was isolated from many of her friends, still having nightmares, and Joel's death didn't make her feel better. So, ND says here, "even when you are in the right, sometimes your solution doesn't solve anything." Preserving and not taking lives is what helps Abby find her way. Seeing the best in I'm airy and not the worst is how she moves past Joel's violation of what he did.

    So, Ellie needed to confront her grief head on and Abby had to stop being cynic and dehumanizing others (the scars).

    Ellie and Abby's endings both give them a chance to cope with their loses and actually trying to live life on their own terms.

    TL; DR: although Joel's feelings were valid, his actions were not. Gaming has programmed us to side with the protagonist (Ellie) and against the (seeming) antagonist (Abby), that doesn't automatically make the former good and the latter bad. Despite this, both are more than their worse decisions and the ending allows them to process grief and move forward.

    submitted by /u/LeftenantScullbaggs
    [link] [comments]

    Christmas is a time for miracles! Here is a miraculous crossover of Days Gone x Last of Us! Merry Christmas Everyone! Photo by Akunohako.Project and idea by LightBringersCG.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:28 PM PST

    No other game made me FEEL like part 2 did

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Hate, sadness, joy

    No other game made me think this much about the story. Im writing this after months of not playing the game. I played it once, but i was emotionally exhausted i didnt wanted to play it again ever, not that it was bad. It was a masterpiece.

    but it was painfully human. Starting a new game + tomorrow.

    Congrats to Naughty Dog. I will never forget this game and how it made me feel and how it made me understand what it is to be human and that life is not black and white. Its much more complex than that.

    submitted by /u/Zozy90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment