• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 10, 2020

    The Last of Us | Abby by moonlight

    The Last of Us | Abby by moonlight


    Abby by moonlight

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:05 PM PST

    My collection so far. Still waiting on Ellie bow statue, PoP, Mondo vinyl and posters.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:22 AM PST

    Sane No More

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    Haunted

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:50 AM PST

    My birb is looking for the light, or trying to get all the collectibles at least.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:50 AM PST

    I love how Naughty Dog improved the gameplay mechanics in TLOU2.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Dabbu Cosplay as TLOU1 Ellie

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:21 PM PST

    My Ellie poster came in today. My gaming corner is complete now ����

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    really proud of these photos i took in Part II.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:12 PM PST

    2 Months Later And I Still Think Of This Game Everyday [Spoilers]

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:36 PM PST

    I didn't end up playing Part 1 until about a year or two ago and it instantaneously became one of my favorite games of all time. Although I haven't played many story based games that I could compare this to, The Last of Us Part 1 was by far the most emotional and immersive game I had ever played. I think it goes without saying that this caused my expectations for the sequel to shoot through the roof.

    My problems with the game. Once I started playing Part 2 I could not put it down and I admittedly got nothing done in the 3 days it took me to beat it. I have to admit yes, the first half was much easier to get through than the latter half for obvious reasons. However, after playing Day 1 as Abby (which took me the majority of an entire day) I began to, definitely not like, but understand her character and motive. Though I would have preferred they have you play as Abby first and then switch over to Ellie in the second half, that is really my only problem with the game.

    Now for what I loved. Starting with surface level things, the graphics absolutely blew me away, and please note that I was playing on a launch day PS4 and a 10 year-old 1080p display. Aside from the graphics, the soundtrack to me was absolutely amazing. The music along with the immersive guitar playing mechanic gave me inspiration to try and learn guitar, which I have now been practicing daily for the past 2 months. Going deeper, this game was such an emotional roller coaster, even more so than the last. Never have I gotten so connected to characters whether they be in a game or a movie and even more than that teared up on more than one occasion. Once I reached the end I was so overwhelmed by a mix of emotions and for the first day or so after beating the game I couldn't put into words how I felt. However, after taking a few days to reflect and to watch in-depth reviews of the game I realized that what I thought was a seemingly unsatisfying ending was actually my favorite of all time. After beating it I initially thought that the main theme was of revenge and all the pain it causes, now I see it is actually of forgiveness and being able to move on. The game shows Abby's reasoning for finding and killing Joel as avenging her father yes, but also for her to find closure and let go. I believe the importance of forgiveness (and in turn moving on) is first shown on Day 1 while playing as Abby, as she wakes up startled from a nightmarish flashback of the Firefly Hospital, Abby realizes that although she avenged her dad she still hasn't found closure after killing Joel. The same is shown with Ellie throughout the game and she is only truly "free" when she finally lets Abby go in the end.

    Overall, The Last of Us Part 2 has easily become my favorite game of all time. Although there are a few minor things they could have done to make it perfect, Part 2 has made an impact on me like no other game has before and I am excited to see if Naughty Dog will put out a Part 3. I can't wait to replay this game when I get my PS5 in a few days on my new 4k TV making the experience that much better. Anyways let me know your opinions on the game as well.

    submitted by /u/mvict2002
    [link] [comments]

    Portrait of Abby

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:27 PM PST

    Us and Our Arrows

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:40 PM PST

    Ellie Venting

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Angel Knives.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Here’s another photo I whipped up! Hope y’all enjoy :)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    Something that EVERYONE should be able to agree on

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Is that you cannot deny that Abby has some bad ass kill animations

    submitted by /u/bambi_killer_49
    [link] [comments]

    Still too soon?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:37 AM PST

    I FINALLY DID IT!!!! Proof of my Grounded+ Whole Game Permadeath completion!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:32 PM PST

    One thing I really liked about Owen

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:42 AM PST

    He is pretty much the only person within Abby's group of friends that was at the very least closest to wanting to talk to Ellie about getting her to understand things from Abby's side of the revenge cycle situation. Until Ellie cut him off for understandably not wanting to be tricked.

    Ellie (pointing her gun at Mel: "Point on this map where she (Abby) is, then you (Owen). And it better f**king match up."

    Mel: "Okay."

    Owen: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

    Mel: "She's probably already dead."

    Owen: "Look, it's not worth it."

    Ellie: "Stop!"

    Owen: "We can talk about.."

    Ellie: "BACK THE F**K UP!!!

    I think in my opinion, Owen immediately recognized what Ellie was feeling when she confronts him and Mel at gunpoint especially when he remembers her from Jackson. He knew right away what she was there for, that's why he was confident in his mind that Ellie would kill them anyway. He's seen this kind of rage and lust for vengeance before within Abby and didn't want to come across as antagonistic or rub it in Ellie's face that Joel "got what he deserved" without taking a moment to think about what Joel meant to her. Something that Jordan and Nora failed to do when Ellie confronted and killed both of them.

    Although Owen still ended up getting killed by Ellie (but this is only due to the fact that he was trying to disarm Ellie stupidly), I still liked how he was still the closest that wanted to try and use communication.

    submitted by /u/phantom_avenger
    [link] [comments]

    Made a The Last of Us- Firefly phone case!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:53 PM PST

    Mandalorian guest star W. Earl Brown reflects on his most famous roles (including him playing as Bill in TLoU Part I)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Ellie & machete

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Vengeful

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:16 AM PST

    Tried some theater lighting

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:14 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment