• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    The Last of Us | My girlfriend’s clicker pumpkin 🧟‍♀️

    The Last of Us | My girlfriend’s clicker pumpkin ��‍♀️


    My girlfriend’s clicker pumpkin ��‍♀️

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    The details on the Pop looks amazing ngl :3

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Today received the coolest gift from my wife. Ellie's tattoo looks pretty slick!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I know it’s only been out since June, but has TLOU2 become anyone else’s favorite game of all time?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    It's funny, I remember how angry I was when I first played it after watching Joel die, and then being forced to play as Abby. But man, after playing through it twice, I've legitimately never been touched more by a video game then I have with this one. I've never felt more for fictional characters in a game then I have with this one. And not just that, but I've never been so immersed into a video game before. I've legit felt exhausted after playing through the game and having to get through all those tough parts, so much to a point that I don't even want to try on any other difficulty then medium lmao. I legit have no complaints about it after playing it, and I remember after replaying it twice I didn't even want to try to play other games because I knew nothing would live up to this one. I know the first TLOU also has all of these amazing qualities but TLOU2 just feels like a step up imo. I've played a lot of great games, including TW3, both red dead games, the GOW series, spiderman PS4 and a lot of others, but if I had to pick a favorite game of all time, it's gotta be TLOU2 for me.

    Anyone else feel this way?

    submitted by /u/capamericapistons
    [link] [comments]

    I Drew a Clicker. “Click Click” :)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I woodburned Ellie’s tattoo!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    It would be cool if TLOU2 could be played in reverse order for NG+.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I'm on my second playthrough working at that platinum, and i'm thinking about Resident Evil 2. In that game you also play as two characters experiencing parallel story arcs just like TLOU2. You can play it as Leon for the first half, and Claire for the second half, or vice versa if you so choose. I'm curious to know if the vibe or story beats would land a little differently now that i've seen both sides. For example, I'd love to play as Abby discovering the events in the aquarium first, then as Ellie wreaking havoc. Just a thought!

    I love this game.

    submitted by /u/crushedcreditcard
    [link] [comments]

    This game is a masterpiece.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    I'm sure there's a bunch of posts like this but I recently finished the game for the third time. Each time I pick up on more hints, notice their attention to detail and the story always makes my heart wrench. I'm just writing this to say fuck, what a fantastic game.

    submitted by /u/Ozymandias-97
    [link] [comments]

    My Lock Screen

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Another picture of my Ellie cosplay ! This one was taken in my bedroom and edited by me !

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    Just finished part two.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I'm speechless. Not what I was expecting but worth the several years I waited. What an incredible world Naughty Dog built. Every time I thought the story was close to ending it smoothly transitioned to another chapter. The ending absolutely bitter sweet and tied in well with first game. I know some people didn't like it as much, but I could not have asked for a better sequel. The actors, the scenery, the emotions. I'm just watching the credits now not sure what to do or how to feel about it all.

    submitted by /u/Pinna-Argentea
    [link] [comments]

    Create your own The Last of Us Character??

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    After playing The Last of Us Part 2 the narrative loves to emphasise the fact that every character is a human being with there own hobbies and pastimes, likes, dislikes, etc. I was thinking that since this sub reddit is so dedicated to The Last of Us maybe it would be cool if we made our own characters that inhabited the world that the good people at NaughtyDog have created. You could go wild and create a character either before or during or after the events of The Last of Us all around the world. With there own beliefs, tragic backstories and arcs. Maybe we might end up as an npc in the next Last of Us installment (which would be pretty cool). I think it would be fun. (Maybe I'm just boring af idk.)

    submitted by /u/someonesleeping
    [link] [comments]

    Watching Roseanne and knew I recognized the actress. Took me a while to figure it out. (Ashley Johnson 1995)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    The Prologue-A Closer Look

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    So Last Of Us 2 has been out for a solid 3 months now, and it hasn't had the most pleasant welcome. Some reasons I somewhat agree with, and some reasons are just stupid. Overall, I think it's a pretty good game. It's not as good as part 1 and it will NEVER BE. But I would give it overall an 8 out of 10. Today, I'm gonna be talking about arguably the second most controversial thing in the game. The death of Joel Miller. People are not upset about the fact that Joel died, it's HOW he died. I'm gonna go into a full analysis of Joel's death and why I think people are overreacting and how I thought it was overall fine.

    1: "We didn't even get to play as Joel!"

    This is just a slight nitpick before we get into the big things, but I felt like I could address this.

    First let me just say that I do think we should have played as Joel at least once or twice. However, people who are saying that he shouldn't have been killed don't seem to realize that the game would have been identical to the first game. In my opinion, Joel getting killed made a completely new and more unique story then it would have had Joel not been killed off so early.

    2: "Joel didn't deserve this!"

    This is just flat out wrong. Of course the fans have come to love Joel as being one of the best video game protagonists ever. I don't disagree. But in the setting of The Last Of Us, Joel is not seen as a hero. It is reasonable to argue that the apocalypse has made people not act like heroes, but Joel acted as a villain in the first game. Joel is not a liked person in the game, besides to the people at Jackson. Joel killed innocent people, he killed hundreds of people just trying to do the right thing. And while Jerry did not seem to have the brightest intentions, that doesn't mean that he does not have a family, as does any other person Joel killed. Joel's greatest mistake caught up to him, and it ended up taking his life.

    3: "Joel was nerfed"

    No he was not, it's called character development. Ever since Ellie wanted Joel out of her life 2 years ago, Joel promised to be a changed man. In Last Of Us 1, Joel killed people for information, he threatened people for survival. Joel acts out of malice. In Last Of Us 2, five years have passed. Joel wanted to become a better person. This is why he helps Abby and doesn't just leave her to die. Joel wants to be a good person again, he wants to prove to Ellie that he's changed. And while poetic, it's tragic that when Joel makes this change is the one time he should have done nothing at all. But that's the theme of Last Of Us 2, tragic. And before we go to the last point, Joel didn't tell the group their names, that was Tommy.

    4: "Why did Abby have to kill him?"

    I can understand why people are mad that a new character killed Joel. I see it. But, in the context of the story, Abby is not a completely new character. The whole point of the sequel was for everything to play off that ending scene. The scene where Joel kills all the doctors, he kills Abby's dad. Abby has been hunting Joel for the rest of her life, that's cause and effect. If they had mentioned Abby in the first game or mentioned Jerry in any way that made him important, then I think people would have been more ok with this. Abby killing Joel makes complete narrative sense, and in my opinion, worked. And no, I'm not a naughty dog jackoff or whatever discount leafy says, I personally think Abby killing Joel was handled overall positive.

    submitted by /u/SMC0629
    [link] [comments]

    How one quote says more to me than it means in the moment

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    I just realized something while ruminating on the game! I don't know if it's been brought up before, but what Abby says to Ellie in the theater, "We let you live...and you wasted it," describes what Ellie is doing with her life pursuing vengeance.

    Joel bought Ellie's life in that hospital at a terrible price, and even though she might have made a different choice, Joel let her live. Now she's left with that life, an opportunity at something meaningful, but Ellie is convinced that her life lost its chance at meaning when Joel did what he did, so she acts like she doesn't matter, recklessly throwing herself at this destructive obsession because avenging Joel is the thing that filled that vacuum of meaning for her. Her realization at the end of the game isn't about forgiving Abby, it's that killing Abby will be a pyrrhic victory, that instead of taking that last step into empty revenge, instead of wasting the chance she's been given, she can use it to disprove her prior belief and lead a meaningful life.

    submitted by /u/Cardiwoahvascular
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part 2 - "The Only Thing"

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Completed TLOU2 a month ago, but still quite confused about the story.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Gotta admit, the game has shaken me like no other. I felt ... empty and sad for a whole week after finishing the game (i even had Beyond Desolation on repeat), and still thinking about it until now. And there are still a number of things i can't quite make sense of regarding the story, no matter how much analysis blog posts and videos i watched, and would very much welcome your opinion:

    • Why exactly did Ellie want to go revenge Joel? Not just to find answers, there is definitely some sort of guilt from Ellie that also played a part in this, but i'm not sure what it is.

    • Why did the final Joel flashback - the one where she started to forgive him - cause Ellie to change her mind and spare Abby? I think this one should go hand-in-hand with the previous question, because that flashback HAS to have resolved something inside Ellie that made her want to kill Abby (twice), right?

    • Does Ellie leaving Joel's guitar behind mean she decided to let go of him, as in ... forget him? Cause that would be quite sad tbh. I'd not want Ellie to lose her (positive) memories with Joel.

    I'm sorry if these questions have been repeated to death in this sub, and also for any grammar mistakes.

    submitted by /u/ForceK9
    [link] [comments]

    I posted this on facebook after beating TLOU for the who knows how many times and just thought I'd share.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Rant warning on why I love The Last of Us (The first one) so damn much:

    I will never stop loving this game. Everything about it is perfect (yes Part II has better gameplay) But, dam, the writing in this is top notch. Better than most movies I love. You actually enjoy these characters and then BAM you're sad and want to curl up and not talk for a week. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is the best charchter development from any medium AND it actually justifies why you are killing as opposed to "Bad guy, kill" theres actual justification to why you do what you do and never have I lit a guy on fire and felt bad about it (Part II, I'm kind of iffy on some people you have to take out) Just Joel alone being this beat down father who slowly, slowly, through great writing and situations comes to a by whatever means mindset to protect this girl he only had one reason to protect in the beginning basically channels his emotions into a fatherly rage to protect her at all costs. And at the end, when all logic should point to doing something, you do the opposite because that's fucking Ellie and you as a player have grown to love her as much as Joel, so, not trying to spoil for those who havent played, feel so justified on doing what you do. The games before from Naughty Dog who made Uncharted (which i hate but am about to give the 4th a chance) had to have used all the things that worked and tested it with those games so they were ready to bring this heart-crushing, heavy story, and gloriously produced game up to the standards they wanted. Their results... the greatest game I have ever played, and still play once every 6 months, due to the fact my brain doesnt need to be so depressed so I go and play some Mario.

    I should say I LOVE Part II, it's beautiful, it's tense, it's heartbreaking, the gameplay is better, but the story doesn't grip me as much and give you as much of a connection as to why you're slaughtering these people AS MUCH as the first Last of Us Part I.

    This game is an absolute masterpiece so go play it if somehow you haven't and dont bitch about having to look through random drawers all the time, it's relevant to the story.

    submitted by /u/CresidentBob
    [link] [comments]

    You can now cry in hd if you want

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    Is it worth starting to play the games on PS5?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I heard a lot about this franchise and I am really interested in playing the games when the new console is coming out, but is it worth it? I have heard how the first game is a masterpiece but the second one is not that good, and I am just curious if starting this franchise is worth it nowadays. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/R4v3en
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment