• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    The Last of Us | Joel Gee-tar Painting by Inna Vjuzhanina

    The Last of Us | Joel Gee-tar Painting by Inna Vjuzhanina


    Joel Gee-tar Painting by Inna Vjuzhanina

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Cool detail in the distance

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Iam fucking losing my shit over this photo

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Decided to make a progression map of the infected. Is this correct?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    My statues comparison :)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    The most unsettling infected

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    The Last Of Us Part II Taylor GS Mini Showcase

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Old Man Joel - Concept artwork I did of a stylized version of Joel (TLoU II) for a 3D sculpt I am going to do

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    How I felt about the ending and the LGBT themes in the game

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    I finished playing TLOU part 2 last night… and I just can't stop thinking about it. Which is very unfortunate, because I have a university exam in a few days.

    The game tells such a beautiful story. Not the story I wanted to hear, but it's perfect exactly for this reason.

    It follows my favorite character while she's destroying her own life without even knowing. She did things I did not want her to do. I felt she was totally out of my control. But not suddenly, it was more of a gradual thing. It went from "Okay I get why she wants revenge, I'm angry too" to "Ok that's fine, let's kill these people, I don't agree but I get it" and, finally, to "I really don't want to do this".

    I reached this stage approximately when she left the farm to seek revenge again, and it reached its climax when she was fighting Abby. At that point, I really didn't want to do that. I couldn't. I felt like I totally lost my connection with Ellie. And then...Ellie realizes she has lost connection with her human self and spares Abby. I realized she had lost control over herself, just like I had lost control over her.

    I'm not sure I can explain how I felt when I realized all of this.

    That's why I think the story it's perfect even if I hated what happened.

    I feel like one of the messages could be "Bad things happen, and in the end the only thing you can really do is accepting them and try to find your peace despite them" and I think they delivered this message more with the emotions that the player was supposed to feel than with the story itself. Something like that if you accept how sad the story itself is, you end up to appreciate how beautiful the feelings you felt while playing were, despite being sad feelings.

    Moreover, I was so happy with the lesbian representation given by Ellie's sexuality. Being a lesbian girl, there was a period of my life, when I was 12-14, when I didn't know any lgbt people in real life and felt like that it was something so rare that I would end up alone forever. And that made me feel bad and not legitimate in having that kind of feeling. I was always searching for movies, books and games representing lesbian characters just to have the feeling that other people like me actually existed. And well, there was very little representation. The only lgbt characters where secondary characters. In the very rare cases that they were protagonists, they were the protagonists only because of being lgbt. Like, dramatic stuff about discovering your sexuality, and they often ended up in suicide. I mean, I was happy I found some movies and stuff with gay girls but I just wanted to see people like me in the stuff I actually liked.

    TLOU part 2 is the first thing that does exactly what I wanted since I was 12. And I was so, so, emotional discovering this. I remember how sad I felt when I was younger, and seeing Ellie and Dina as a couple in a franchise I really like made me so happy.

    Left Behind made me happy too, and was unexpected. But seeing a gay couple having such an important role it's different.

    The thing is that it's an action game, not a game about their sexuality. Their relationship it treated like a straight relationship would be.

    It's not like they give you the hint that Ellie's is gay and than everything else is censored, like you hear it once and never again (like most movies do). She is gay and they let you see it, because it's part of her. But it's not like it's a big deal. She is gay and stop.

    And that's exactly what I always needed.

    I just hope that in the future there will not be other 12 years old girls like me feeling alone because of their sexuality.

    I want to end this huge wall of text by saying that all of the things I wrote are personal opinions and how I, personally, felt playing the game. I just wanted to share with you and know how you guys feel about these themes.

    I also wanted to apologize for my English, it's not my main language and I feel like I'm not able to express 100% what I feel speaking English (and I probably made a lot of mistakes).

    submitted by /u/si_tag
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, where did I go wrong?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    I tuned a ukulele to play simplified snippet of the main theme!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I love the atmosphere of this game

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    The Best Video Game Experience I’ve Ever Had

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    After 30 or so hours, I finally reached the climatic conclusion of TLOU2 and all I can say is: "Wow." I cannot remember the last time a video game left me in such a state of awe and bewilderment during the couple-week's long play-through. Nearly every component from TLOU2- the masterful writing, the graphical fidelity, freedom of play style, art direction, atmospheric soundtrack, supberb voice acting, and more caused me to become much more emotionally invested than I originally planned.

    How does one even begin to digest the feelings of everything that happened after finishing the game? I found myself tearing up at the inter-personal relationships, the loss of loved ones, and wondering what decisions I would have made if I were some of these characters that were cursed to live in the post-pandemic world. I teared up at Ellie's rendition of Take On Me as Dina looked lovingly on. I put myself in Abby's shoes and grieved with her as she struggled with the PTSD of losing her father who ultimately was trying to save the collective humanity. And lastly, I felt like a piece of my soul was missing when Ellie returns to The Farm to find the entire house cleared out, except a room full of her stuff. While we can only speculate what will come next, my heart really hurt for Ellie.

    I have to really tip my hat to Neil Druckmann and the rest of the Naughty Dog team for delivering such an unbelievable experience and masterclass of a narrative-driven story game that I have ever played in my brief 28 years of existence. Never did I think I could I go from feelings of absolute hatred toward a person (Abby), to performing a complete 180 and actually sympathizing with her after learning her story and grieving her losses with her along the way.

    One of the most important recurring themes that this game has taught me is that objective morality is thrown out the window during an end-times apocalyptic scenario like the one illustrated in the TLOU universe. There are no black and white 'good' and 'bad' guys. Everyone is doing what they can to "endure and survive" and sometimes that comes at the cost of other's lives. However, that is not to say everyone becomes savages. Despite fighting to the death (multiple times), Abby and Ellie still end up saving their sense of humanity by allowing the other to live, even at the brink of death. They both realized that killing the other wouldn't do anything to change their situation, and I think is a hallmark concept at the end of things.

    Although this jumbled-up post was doesn't really do the game justice, I just had to get these fleeting thoughts out to help me process all of these pent-up emotions. Thank you Naughty Dog for putting together one hell of a fare-well to the PS4. I know I will be re-playing this game quite a bit, and I can't wait to see where the story takes us a few years from now when Part III eventually makes it's way to the PS5.

    submitted by /u/jmatty_ice_
    [link] [comments]

    ”I’m gonna find.. and I’m gonna kill every last one of them..”

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Evening ride with Shimmer

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Saw this painting in last of us 1 looked familiar

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    So I'm Rewatching The Avengers and look who I found:

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    I really liked this section of the game.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Favorite Seattle day

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    An animation I did of a blood drooling Clicker. All done in Procreate!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Size difference between my tiny clicker and medium size clickers busts(sculptures)!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    still learning how to optimize photomode, but these are some of my favorites!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    I saw the window with the vines and trees flooding in and I knew I had to a screenshot, this is the result

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment