• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    The Last of Us | It's not grounded and it's not whole game, but I am still proud of myself!

    The Last of Us | It's not grounded and it's not whole game, but I am still proud of myself!


    It's not grounded and it's not whole game, but I am still proud of myself!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Joel Fan Art by Jane & Q

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    The pin my wife surprised me with. Out of this world!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    My wife bought me "The Art of The Last of Us"... Had to open it immediately... I had to stop here.... damn.... YOU'RE CRYING!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    September 26th will now be known as The Last of Us Day

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    “you see, i believe that everything happens for a reason.” - David

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Drew this fan art of joel :)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    Heavily inspired by Ellie's tattoo

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    That was close �� Permadeath per chapter in Hard +

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Uhhh, Dina, what are you doing?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Ellie with the Snapchat Anime filter.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I made this with widgets for the last of us. I’m also going to make one with Abby’s side later. (I didn’t know what flair I should add but I think this is the closest)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Just finished repairing my machete. TLOU really helped me hone my apocalypse survival skills. How many hits do you think this'll be good for?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    just remembered i bought an awfully familiar shirt years ago

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    The Aquarium Chapter is a callback to Left Behind

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    OK, hear me out.

    In Left Behind, Riley is trying to show Ellie a really cool place (the mall). The entire time, Ellie is being reluctantly dragged along. Several times she mentions that she should go back, because she has military training drills. Despite her reluctance, the pair get to a particularly awesome spot and share a tender moment.

    Sound familiar? In the Part II flashback, Owen is trying to show Abby a really cool place (the aquarium). The entire time, Abby is being reluctantly dragged along. Several times she mentions that she should go back, because she has to train for the WLF militia. Despite her reluctance, the pair get to a particularly awesome spot and share a tender moment.

    submitted by /u/Dat_Bokeh
    [link] [comments]

    Started painting my clicker sculpture! (Btw that green is just to keep paint of the teeth)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    My Ellie cosplay from Part 2! I still need to find some good backpack pins to complete the look :)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    You can see downtown later on

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed that you can see the downtown open world section in the distance when you're headed towards the hospital with Ellie? You can can even see the courthouse. I can't be the only one, right?

    submitted by /u/ReactionaryModernist
    [link] [comments]

    Not the exact but

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Ellie's tattoo with my own twist! Pics of Ellie for accuracy comparison!!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    TV Station trap - Set 3 mines by the double doors, they were all blasted before they were even supposed to spawn!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    How hearing fake spoilers affected my first play through

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Firstly, I remember when it happened. Two days after the news of spoilers getting leaked, some random user on here messaged me and before I could process what it said my eyes were already done reading it: "new character Abby kills Ellie part 2."

    My initial reaction wasn't one of anger, I already had the mindset that ND could do whatever they want as long as it was justified and made sense within the context of the story. Obviously I didn't want Ellie to die, but I knew it was "true," and had weeks before the game came out to process this fact. Because of this, by the time I played the game, I had already accepted Ellie's death as a fact. And ooh boy did it change my reaction to some of the scenes in the game. Mainly two, you likely know the ones.

    The first is the theater boss fight, which by the way is now like one of the coolest boss fights in all of gaming. Anyways, as I ran towards the theater stage as Abby I thought: this is it isn't it. The game is going to make ME kill Ellie. I reluctantly continued the fight, wanting to know what was really going to happen, and I got to the point where you start choking Ellie. Abby gets the upper hand and the game makes you mash square as you see the life drain from Ellie's face. I swear I thought I really was killing Ellie here, I was pressing square soooo slowly. When she finally pulled out her knife I'm pretty sure I yelled. I still thought Abby would eventually kill Ellie by the end, but I was sure glad it was delayed at least for a little while.

    And then came the final boss fight. For the theater boss fight, I honestly think the fake spoiler enhanced the experience. I really believed Abby could kill Ellie there and it made the sequence incredibly tense. For the final fight, it honestly took away some tension. Obviously by the structure of the story anybody would know this is the end of the game, and so did I. The fight brutally went on until Ellie finally gets the upper hand and begins to drown Abby. At this point, we know and can empathize with both characters, and you really just want them to not fight each other, but Ellie continues. I assume if I hadn't gotten spoiled I really wouldn't know if Ellie was going to finish the job or not. I wouldn't have wanted her to, so I imagine the tension of that scene would have been hightened. Is Ellie going to kill Abby? It looks like it, but it clearly pains her. Who knows, maybe she'll do it. But I knew she wouldn't. Because Abby kills Ellie. She must escape Ellie's hold and kill her in self defense. But maybe that wouldn't make sense. And then Ellie let's go. Abby gets up. At first, I was thinking it really wouldn't make sense for Abby to kill her. She didn't want to fight her. Abby has gotten over her obsession with revenge, she doesn't need it any more. Why would she kill Ellie now? But she's going to do it. I know it. Then she gets up, and walks away.

    Oh my god.

    Thank god.

    The spoiler was fake.

    The whole time, all 24 hours of my play through, I thought I was slowly marching Ellie to her death. But she LIVES. I was so damn relieved.

    I know this game was likely a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone, but hopefully this gave some insight into what was probably a unique experience that not many other people had. And if you also got fake spoiled, I'd love to know if your experience was similar to mine at all.

    Anyways, this is a long post already, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/TheSpaceDentist
    [link] [comments]

    I made a poster. not sure what to call it but I like it

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    One of my clips from my Grounded+Permadeath Speedrun (14H IGT)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment