• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    The Last of Us | I always love how the Part II makes the Part I more complete.

    The Last of Us | I always love how the Part II makes the Part I more complete.


    I always love how the Part II makes the Part I more complete.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Detail: Changing the camera angle affects the rain droplets on the lens.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    It’s been a hot minute... but the ensemble is finally complete. Abby was by far my favorite to draw out of the bunch - her expression. Charcoal on A4 textured paper.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    One of my favourite shots of Ellie

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Cool pic i took on Joel.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    I was just casually taking pics in TLOU p2 and then this happened...

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    The Unforgiven

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    What Abby truly wanted

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Why is ellie in here?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Taking the sunglasses with me because the sun is awfully shinning bright today

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    Beyond desolation

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    I thought this was a cool shot

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Hide and go seek

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    A father and his worst little nightmare (thanks u/KlooKloo for the template)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    My Fan-Made Poster of The Last Of Us Part II!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Ellie’s tattoo wallpaper

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    I Know It’ll Never Happen, But Can We Get A Remaster Of The Remastered Version?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    The Dream Team

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Some of the best pics I’ve taken on my playthroughs

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Here's what I consider my best pics:)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    first ever photo: "let's dance"

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    I already have Ellie's tattoo on my arm but I'm making myself a follow-up

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Thank you Neil/Naughty Dog (Story Spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    I just wanted to post here because, I'm sure like many of you, I'm gutted to see the amount of abuse/absurd insults are being levelled against Naughty Dog and Druckmann at the moment, and I desperately hope it's not enough to put off my favourite writer/director in video games from continuing to work in the industry.

    I absolutely adored the story of TLOU2, moreso than the first game (it's quite quickly become my favourite game of all time). I loved the change of perspectives, the slow-paced character development, the meticulous dialogue and performances, the fragmented storytelling style. I also thought it was a distinctly authentic portrayal of the effects (and some times lack of effects) of time and perspective in an unforgiving world. It's beyond me how people can simultaneously claim the story is shallow or reduce the central theme to 'revenge is bad' then also be remarkably upset that Ellie didn't kill Abby. The video game community can be so unreasonably pathetic. It's amazing that we have such a contemporary and exciting art-form and yet such a majority of players continue to be bigoted and, seemingly, completely unaware of the difference between good writing and fan service.

    Which of course isn't to say that I believe the game is beyond criticism. I believe the story was perfect, many people will disagree, but the idea that the story is a 'disaster' or that the writers are idiots just hasn't been substantiated in most of the virile criticism I've read.

    I thought the narrative was wonderfully complex, striking a constant balance between the destructive cycle of vengeance and the impossibility of moving on from/accepting certain things. We can feel Ellie's complete inability to forgive or accept long after Abby has let go of hers, and the final scene and image of Ellie being unable to play Joel's song (or potentially ever look back to the past fondly again) is vindicated only through Abby's story, and the fact that her and Lev escaped - a by-product of Ellie's destruction. No neat central message, no overall meaning wrapped in a little bow - just a realistic portrayal of the realities of violence and grief that balances the uplifting and the unforgivable.

    It also upsets me that there's even a part of the left-wing who are criticising the game. I think it's wonderful that Naughty Dog not only represented a trans character but also engaged in trans issues: and the fact that some liberals are abusing the writers for including Lev's 'deadnaming' (which was done in a completely critical and authentic way) - as if somehow the presentation of one specific trans issue should stand above torture, violence and death and NEVER be presented in art as it's 'too shocking' - is just totally absurd to me.

    It's so sad to live in a landscape so polarising and pseudo-political that it's dampened the success of such a wonderful piece of art.

    Naughty Dog/Neil - please, God please, keep making games.

    submitted by /u/bountyhunterdjango
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment