• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 22, 2020

    The Last of Us | Grounded Whole Game Permadeath - Contest Flair!

    The Last of Us | Grounded Whole Game Permadeath - Contest Flair!


    Grounded Whole Game Permadeath - Contest Flair!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Y'all having fun with grounded, or just suffering a lot? Hopefully both! Either way, who's up for some competition?

    Much like we did with the release of the original grounded in Part I, we wanna make a contest for Part II. The godlike few capable of finishing Grounded/Grounded+ on Whole Game Permadeath will get a cute, pretty golden firefly next to their name! Forever! You can see what it looks like next to my name on new.reddit.com (the tiny one).

    How do I prove I've done it?

    Just take a picture of your screen while holding a note with your reddit username written on it, then message the mod team with the post :)

    How long do I have?

    Until 2020/09/30 (that's right, Y/M/D, get fucked).

    What if people "cheat"?

    Then they will have to live with the knowledge that they are failures, forever. I would not want that to be me.

    I did it on chapter/act permadeath and it was pretty hard, is that enough to get the flair?

    No, git gud or begone.

    A golden firefly as a reward for that? This is stupid.

    no u

    Hope you enjoy this grueling, painful journey! Have fun! And remember: the real firefly flair is the friends we made along the way.

    submitted by /u/MeshesAreConfusing
    [link] [comments]

    Wip of Ellie. I actually like how this looks so far :D

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Recognize the shirt?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Ellie by @georgequadros

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Never tried photo mode before & starting to get into it!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    My acrylic painting of Ellie. My favorite scene in the game.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    New small detail I just noticed on my 3rd playthrough (permadeath/per chapter): a few people in Jackson gossip about Ellie and Dina but quickly quiet down when you get near them.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Was bored last night and attempted an Ellie cosplay with what I could find in my room. Tempted to try a full one now (with a better location/costume/etc)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    The Life of Jackson - set of photos I took at Jackson. The town fills the sense of normalcy in this violent and horrible world with the dream of going back to the way life was. Thank you Naughty Dog for this wonderful game!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Playing the guitar as Ellie should be an "Extras" feature.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Just Ellie walking her stop sign

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Am I weird for buying the physical copy of TLOU2, even though I had the digital copy?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    You come here often? ��

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    What do you think of this landscape?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Definitely the best game of the year.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I somehow broke Ellie?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    The hidden coffee message in TLOU2

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    tl;dr: I think Ellie used coffee to relive her last meeting with Joel.


    Bear with me on this, I promise it'll be worth it:

    When you're in downtown Seattle and enter the coffee shop this exchange between Ellie and Dina occurs.

    It is made perfectly clear that both Ellie and Dina hate coffee. But later at the farm you can see that they have a can of coffee in their kitchen.

    Now, might this be just a mistake? Knowing the type of perfectionists Naughty Dog are, no fucking way.

    So here's my theory:

    At the end of the game we learn that the last time Joel and Ellie where together, he was drinking coffee. I think, however Ellie might have acquired that can of coffee, she wanted to have it because the smell helped her resurrect and mentally relive her last meeting with Joel. Just like she does when smelling the jacket that he wore that night.

    You have probably experienced this yourself but memories of smells are often very vivid (here's a video explaining this phenomenon). And the writers are definitely familiar with it as it comes up in Part I too when Henry talks about how vividly he remembers the smell of barbecues.

    Maybe Ellie just wanted the beans for the smell. Or maybe she actually started drinking coffee and really tried to acquire the taste. Just like Joel tried reading Savage Starlight so he'd have something to talk to Ellie about. Maybe she did try to get a taste for coffee as a way to get closer to Joel, even after he was gone, because she knew that he liked coffee. She definitely wasn't ready to let him go until the very end of the game so it seems totally plausible to me that she would try to cope in such a way (even if it is obviously not very healthy).

    All just my opinion of course.

    submitted by /u/crossbreed55
    [link] [comments]

    Grief in watercolor

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    One of the many pictures I took of Abby, I'm so in love with her lol

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    My friend doesn't play video games but she knew I liked Part II a lot so she made this for my birthday!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Ellie ❤

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    DLC Idea: one more playable mission with this majestic fella

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Noticed while watching a stream

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    If we ever get a TLOU3, I hope there's a moment like this. I'm a sucker for enemies needing to team up for some reason.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Got Ellie’s tattoo

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment