• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 30, 2020

    The Last of Us | Blorange

    The Last of Us | Blorange


    Blorange

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    A rare smile

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Ellie’s about to put rusty metal to someone’s skull

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Ashley Johnson as a child actually really resembles Ellie

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Power pose.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Freedom

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I love Ellie to death! She was so cute as a kid.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    “It’s got its ups and downs, but man, you can’t deny that view.” Quick tlou themed digital painting :)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    It took me over 50-hours to play through the game for a second time because of photo-mode. Here’s my results of the first half.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    just met some old guy in a museum and he gave me this idk what to do with it

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Rage...

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Loved the game so much, I had to join the crew

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Seattle Day 1 (Part I)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Me Waiting for outbreak day to see if there’s any announcements like last year

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    I just finished this game

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I bought the game the week it released but it took me till now to finish it. I was afraid to play the game because I didn't want to end it too quickly. Now that I have, I don't really know how I feel. I cried at the last flashback. I didn't really have the reaction I wanted when Joel died. And it all came spilling out when he told Ellie that Dina would be lucky to have her. And again in the credits when you hear Troy singing.

    The more I played with Abbey the more I started to believe that she is a good person who did what anyone would've done. And it made me think less of Ellie that she killed a lot of people that she didn't need to. Fuck me for that. The ending changed everything. I had a feeling she would've find Dina at the house but I really would've liked to see Ellie and Dina again. But that ending packed a gut punch.

    I don't know what to do now.

    submitted by /u/apatheticcomedian
    [link] [comments]

    “Welcome to Earth” ��

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    My Ellie Funko Pop showed up today!

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    A picture I took of Ellie

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    This game felt a little too close to home, but I think I needed that. [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    I read through the rules so hopefully I didnt miss something or violate any, I've never posted in here before. This was my first Naughty Dog game. I watched bits and pieces of a person streaming the first one, and with the ads for the second one I was very excited. I had no idea how much it would touch on sore personal feelings. I just finished the game, and its got me in my head a little but I think this game unintentionally gave me a gift I didn't expect to come from it. Spoilers from this point forward, hopefully I use the text format right.

    Backstory is that years ago I did a 23andMe test for a medical study. Saw nothing too odd, so just went about my business. A year and half ago I was contacted by a relative and found out that the man I thought was my father wasn't. I had a hard time with that because he was not a good person, he was abusive and an alcoholic. You'd think that would make it easy but when you realize you should never have had to deal with that it gets complicated. In the same day I found out about my paternity, I found out my biological dad was dead. Not just dead, but murdered protecting a woman he cared about from her abusive estranged husband. The husband ran them off the road, and they died in a really ugly wreck while the abusive husband lived. I promise this is relevant. When I found this out, it was a rollercoaster. Curiosity, anger, grief. I needed to know everything I could, and I became a little obsessed with the person who killed him. He got out of prison early, and he had plead guilty for a lesser sentence. I couldn't sleep, couldn't focus on work, I kept thinking about how things could have been different or even if they weren't that I could have had a chance at a real father-daughter relationship now if he hadn't died. This had reawakened a whole lot of daddy issues, doubled down. I almost emptied my bank account when I got it in my head to hire a private investigator. Friends talked me down for the time being. I researched the guy and knew where he worked and what he looked like now and I wanted to write a letter, confront him, anything. I was begging that he had changed as a person and felt remorse, because the idea of him still being that terrible and walking free while my father was in the ground was haunting me. It had calmed down for a while, learning about my dad and meeting his family helped. But its been a festering wound. Then I played this game. I watched as Ellie lost Joel, I saw Abby's emotions leading to it and somehow I couldn't hate her. That pain had to have a reason, it wasn't empty violence. As I played the game and learned about Ellie and Abby and their relationships with the people in their lives and their father figures, it was cathartic. They were two sides of the same coin, both in pain and both experiencing so much loss. Their struggles felt personal for me. The ending was a lot to process. I still am processing it. But I know one thing, and its that this game helped me come to terms with and let go of the compulsion to confront my father's killer. I don't think Joel would have wanted any of what happened for Ellie, and it made me think that my own biological father wouldn't want me go confront that man either. Everything I was told about him, he would have wanted me to let it go. This game helped me understand this and process that anger.

    I'm sorry this is such a long post. I wanted to share this appreciation I have and how thankful I am for the journey this story provided. It was incredible, and the way it affected me personally is something that is going to stick with me for a very long time.

    submitted by /u/commanderemily
    [link] [comments]

    Get that light out of my face, Joel

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment