• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    The Last of Us | Neil showing humanity even though The Quartering has been bashing him for weeks

    The Last of Us | Neil showing humanity even though The Quartering has been bashing him for weeks


    Neil showing humanity even though The Quartering has been bashing him for weeks

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Comments from a reviewer online... 9 days.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Reviewers had a thing or two to say on twitter

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    We are close fellas (not my pic)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Seattle looks insane!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Is anybody else really looking forward to these parts of the game?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    We are really getting this game.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    Someone posted a picture of physical copies of the game in boxes being sent out to retailers and it hit me like a truck. The game we have all been waiting years for is nearly out and we only have a little more then a week left until we can play it ourselves. I'm just getting really emotional that we are nearly there lol.

    submitted by /u/godflashspeed12
    [link] [comments]

    So i have been sick for a couple of weeks and when i come back to school I see this in the hall

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    ATTENTION: there are spoilers on the wikipedia page for tlou part two.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    If you're bored at work with nothing to do like me don't read the wikipedia page for tlou part 2 cause the second paragraph contains info on the leaks and major plot points on the game. So that's great...

    submitted by /u/Ab-Aeterno
    [link] [comments]

    Inspired by State of Play, I drew Ellie havin’ a good day

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Holding this controller feels surreal...9 more days!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Charge!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Naughty Dog seems to set the bar even higher

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    I tried to recreate the moment Ellie had with Joel after the David fight, I hope you are all safe, healthy and ready to take on the game next week ��

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    “It’s a video game, you’ve got to play it”

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    TLoU helped save my life

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I just wanted to tell my story mostly for me since it's not something I openly admit to anyone, but also to show someone who might not understand why the first game has reached such acclaim as well as hype for the second installment.

    I've had depression for most of my life. I grew up with parents who were always well meaning and loved me dearly but are only human. They said and did things that really hurt me and I dont think they realize that as much as they've shown me love, theyve shown me how to hate.

    Other kids showed me how to hate as well. I was bullied a lot growing up, and I never felt like I really had a foothold on solid friends who cared about me. That feeling has never really gone away even though by all accounts it seems my situation isnt the same.

    Fast forward to when the game dropped and it was at its peak of hype. I watched a let's player on youtube play through most of it as I didnt have a PS4 at the time. I wanted to play video games so bad but with one console and an older brother who would rather die than give it up to me of all people, watching people play games was all I had.

    I immediately fell in love with the story (since that's all i really had to go off of). I was already pretty obsessed with zombie media just because i thought it was cool and all that. But the characters and story were a nice backdrop to the idea of people surviving in an apocalypse. Sometime before the end of the game I decided I had to stop, I knew I had to wait so I could play the ending for myself.

    I think it appealed to me because I never wanted to do what was expected of me. In an apocalypse setting I wouldnt have to worry about being the cool kid, or "what dress goes with which skirt" type stuff. You had the people you eventually started caring about, and the world. You survived and lived when it was possible but never at the same time. It just seemed so refreshing. (Although I'm not blind lol, I realize it's not something I should wish for anymore but back then... it seemed like the less people I had to talk to, the less mundane activity, the less obligation, the better).

    Eventually (I think a year or so after? Before the ps4 came out for sure) we got a ps3 for christmas with the game because my dad remembered me talking about it... and while I appreciated the gesture, I struggled to really get excited. To really let myself feel happy about it.

    My overall situation had not only not improved, it felt like it got worse. I just didnt want to do... anything. I had to push myself to even be excited about christmas much less a game that I had wanted to play for do long. But I pushed through, because I couldnt let such an expensive gift go to waste. So I hooked it up and started to play expecting to maybe play an hour so I wouldn't have had to feel guilty...

    I played through the whole game in like 2 days. I couldn't stop. And I didnt know it until I finished it that I really needed that story.

    Its depressing and heartwrenching but also so fucking beautiful. It shows two people who arent obligated to love each other by any means, finding a paternal bond amidst the absolute shit show of the world. It showed that someone like Ellie can lose their innocence, but stay true to who she is for as long as she could.

    "No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for." "It cant be for nothing." "Endure and Survive"

    These words became mantras I found myself thinking every single day. That although completely fictional, these characters struggle inspired me to never give up. That even in the absolute worst of the worst times, theres hope. Theres life to be lived, goals to set and achieve, and there are people who need you.

    I just never expected this type of game to have such a profound impact on me. To tear my heart out while simutanioisly showing me that love exists even when it feels like it doesnt.

    Anyway, I hope this doesnt come across as... pathetic or weird to care so much and take this interpretation of the story but, it's true. Its the path I've taken, and I felt the need to share it even if like 2 people read it lol.

    Thanks for reading my ramble haha. I hope everyone enjoys part 2, and I hope that even though the tone has shifted, it still rings true that surviving is worth it for nothing else but to see the people around you grow and live their lives.

    submitted by /u/SevereOnion
    [link] [comments]

    My Clicker drawing. So excited for part 2!!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    MANAGED TO SNAG ONE

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I made my own Firefly armbands!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Got my hands on the headset, now I just need my ps4 bundle to complete it!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    we are in launch trailer territory!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    I just finished the game and then finally understood the gravity of the ending

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    And wow, I saw people say this is the greatest video game story of all time, and Initially after finishing it, I thought it was great. And then I watched some videos about the ending, and what it entailed when Joel decided to save Ellie, and the brilliance of how so much was said through so few words. The way Ellie's survivors guilt contrasted with the emptiness that Joel had felt, and why he would save her, almost against her wishes. Just wow. People had say it's more than a game, and know I see why. What is has to say about humanity, and the paradox that we can love enough to forsake an entire species. It really blew my mind. I know this has all been said before, but I just felt like talking about it, and this is the place where I could.

    submitted by /u/batteryacidangel
    [link] [comments]

    Quick sketch I did of Ellie. Release day can’t get here soon enough !

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    I guess those accessibility options are really being put to good use.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Director Of Chernobyl is working on the pilot episodes of HBO's The Last Of Us

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment