• Breaking News

    Friday, June 12, 2020

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us was mentioned in my film course textbook!

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us was mentioned in my film course textbook!


    The Last of Us was mentioned in my film course textbook!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    My Ellie cosplay, worked hard to do new photos done before the release! So excited! Hope you guys like it!!!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    I just hope they haven't nerfed my baby

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Ohhh shit ladies and gents. So it begins...

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    My Grandmother Had Made Me This Wonderful Gift ��

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I painted a rock!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    One week till Part 2 !!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    HEHEHE BOI

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Tomorrow is our “valentine’s day” where I live and I got this amazing gift, from the most beautiful person on earth ❤️

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Anyone else incorporating tlou into everything they do??? Just made a new tlou themed flag and Joel themed outfit.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I just encountered god in the game! Look at him floating and stuff!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    After what multiple delays from Best Buy. I finally got both of these babies!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    We are in the Endgame now everyone. 1 week left!!!!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    It's true

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    We are actually 1 week away from this masterpiece

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    I just can't believe it, the PSX trailer still feels pretty new to me. And it's been a great experience to share the hype with you guys.

    submitted by /u/nostradamusismydad
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone at ND is damn excited for the reviews. All devs going crazy on the replies lol. Almost there! ♥️

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    preload started in France, i can’t believe it that we are almost there!��������

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    My The Last of Us - Part II Spoiler Free Review Will Premier Here As Embargo Lifts

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Game titles pops up and countdown,So excited~~~

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Reviews are already getting leaked

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    I won't say anything other than the reviews are doing good,

    Thought you guys could use the enthusiasm with all the stuff going on :D

    submitted by /u/thickboi269
    [link] [comments]

    Analysis of The Last of Us: Remastered aiming

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    I have been annoyed with the aiming in The Last of Us for quite some time and after reading quite a lot and doing some extensive research I found myself even more annoyed. As I was reading I came across a way to test the aiming, but it required a Titan/Cronus device witch are expensive, I eventually talked myself into buying a Titan Two though.

    I hope someone from Naughty Dog will read this and take some feedback. I Hope some of these issues will be rectified in The last of Us Part 2/other games.

    Here are pictures showing some of what I will be detailing down below.

    Deadzone:

    The game uses approximately a 10% deadzone. This is not that big, however the problem is that the sensitivity curve starts so extremely slow that it doesn't matter. It takes over an hour to see your reticule move at 10% stick deflection. It's better just to say that the deadzone is around 18%, because that's when pretty much any usable stick movement occurs.

    It's a lot easier to do tiny adjustments to your aim with a small deadzone and it makes the aiming feel a lot more responsive to your input. My personal ideal would be around 3%.

    Aim Acceleration:

    Aim acceleration occurs at exactly 83.03% stick deflection. This is when your reticule starts speeding up way faster than your actual aim sensitivity. This is bad for building muscle memory and gives you less control over your aim.

    Response Curve:

    The response curve is how your sensitivity is distributed at different levels of stick deflection.

    The game uses a curve that looks Cubic. If the curve was Linear then you would get 10% of your sensitivity at 10% stick deflection, For Quadratic it's 1% and with a Cubic curve it's 0.1% of your sensitivity at 10% stick deflection.

    The curve starting so slow feels clunky, makes it hard to control your aim and makes it feel very unresponsive. Something between Linear and Quadratic would be more ideal.

    Sensitivity:

    The aim sensitivity is extremely slow, but it's still hard to be accurate when using a high sensitivity a lot of the time. This has to do with the response curve, the deadzone, the aim acceleration and differing sensitivities based on field of view.

    "Unless I've done the math wrong, it looks like 20% gets you a whopping ~0.24 degrees/sec. Really flying." - Eternal Dahaka

    The horizontal and vertical sensitivity feels pretty identical when aiming, witch is good. However this is not the case when you are not aiming.

    The horizontal axis sensitivity is a lot faster than the vertical sensitivity when looking around without aiming. There is also aim acceleration on the horizontal axis at 57.94% stick deflection. It would be a lot better to just have faster general sensitivity, no aim acceleration and have the option to have 1:1 horizontal and vertical sensitivity.

    Field Of View:

    The aim sensitivity varies between different FoV's, this is mostly not an issue for scoped weapons, but can be annoying when switching weapons. It would be a lot better if the sensitivity was the same between all non scoped weapons, regardless of FoV. Here is a list of the different FoV's.

    FoV Weapon
    3X Flamethrower
    4X Shorty, 9mm Pistol, Revolver
    5X Bow, El Diablo
    6X Shotgun
    7X Assault Rifle
    10X El Diablo (Scoped)
    12X Hunting Rifle
    13X Military Sniper

    Settings that should be included in The Last of Us Part 2/other games.

    Response curve:

    • Slider that starts at Linear goes trough Quadratic and ends at a Cubic curve.

    Aim sensitivity:

    • Horizontal sensitivity: 0-100.
    • Vertical sensitivity: 0-100.

    Aim acceleration:

    • Speed: 0-100.
    • Ramp up time: 0-100.
    • Ramp up delay: 0-100.

    Deadzone:

    • Inner: 0%-30%.
    • Outer: 80%-100%.

    Scope sensitivity:

    FoV Setting
    10X 0-100 horizontal and 0-100 vertical, or a multiplier
    12X 0-100 horizontal and 0-100 vertical, or a multiplier
    13X 0-100 horizontal and 0-100 vertical, or a multiplier

    Setting details:

    • 100 sensitivity is the same as 10. I wrote 100 so that you have more options in-between the current numbers.

    • Outer deadzone is where any aim acceleration would take place. If aim acceleration is disabled then it would be where maximum input is registered.

    • Ramp up time is how long it takes aim acceleration to reach full speed.

    • Ramp up delay is how long it takes for aim acceleration to start.

    • Scope sensitivities are just examples of what the differing zooms of the scopes could be.

    Extras:

    Movement (left stick) Inner deadzone: 32.84%. Outer deadzone: 90.88%.

    This was tested with 10 sensitivity.

    Huge shout out to u/EternalDahaka for his time and expertise. I would NEVER be able to do any of this without his help. He did all of the math for the response curve, helped me with testing methods and made the pictures for me with a graphing calculator.

    Videos used for gauging the curve. 1. 2.

    Link to my original post.

    Edit:

    Here is a picture of a more ideal response curve and deadzone size.

    submitted by /u/looklook876
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Naughty Dog.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say that I am so hyped for this game. I started gaming about two years ago and only played PS4 exclusives. I've never had to wait for a game to release because it was already there for me to play. I first played TLOU about 6 months ago and have played it twice again since. This story truly broke my heart. The first time Joel calls Ellie "baby girl", I knew that he loved her as much as I did. I am so ready to be heart broken again. I am so invested in this game. I know I haven't waited as long for this game as others but I think I'm just as excited/nervous/scared as all of you. I know I still have a lot to learn in terms of gaming, but being apart of this community has been the best decision I've ever made. One week until this game (here in Australia anyway) and I am ready to lose countless hours of sleep, sanity and my breath. Bring it on. I am ready.

    submitted by /u/bruisedonion
    [link] [comments]

    Reviews in an hour!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Reviews release in an hour. I am excited to read them.

    submitted by /u/Usernamealreadytakn1
    [link] [comments]

    There are many like it, but this one is mine. Wanted to get it before release!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Please don’t post “it’s downloading!!” And “I got it!!” posts

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    Like, we're all getting the game. It'd be cool if we didn't flood the "new" section with pictures of the same box and downloading screen.

    submitted by /u/fujbuj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment