• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    The Last of Us | beautiful picture ♡

    The Last of Us | beautiful picture ♡


    beautiful picture ♡

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    A Peek at the PS4 Dynamic Theme That Comes with the Different Editions of the Game

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I painted/drew Ellie’s tattoo on my guitar!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I just can't wait

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    We’re getting closer... (part 3)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I love their banters

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    3 days

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    Secured the bag. ��

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    a tribute that i made months ago

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Apparently a Controversial Opinion

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    So everyone here clearly agrees that all of the hate for part 2 because Ellie is gay is dumb. But I haven't seen anyone here actively praising the game for it (I could have just missed it, so if I did sorry).

    I just wanted to say that, as a queer woman, seeing a wlw main character in one of my favorite franchises of all time feels really good. Especially when every mainstream game panders to the idea of men being manly and women being sidekicks, and queer characters being hinted at at MOST, a game this popular giving a lesbian the spotlight really makes me feel accepted.

    It's hard to be a woman into video games, particularly a queer one. I hope that they treat Ellie's sexuality with the nuance it deserves. Her romance informing the plotline in a similar way straight relationships seem to in every other game normalizes gay women in a way I haven't seen any other mainstream game do before.

    Super excited for Friday, ready to kill some infected in the name of Pride. (Also happy pride everyone!!!)

    submitted by /u/CBing13
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Famitsu July 2 issue cover featuring The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    From Joel himself.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Ellie Wildin

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Love this phone wallpaper

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    I own both The Last of Us and Left Behind vinyl, do I decided to make a display for them today for my apartment. Here’s Left Behind.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    3 days left!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    So Forbes made another article about Part II... [My Thoughts]

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    Forbes made another article titled "Two Warnings About 'The Last Of Us Part 2' Review Scores" where it tries to discredit reviewers and the game itself. It talks about the strict review embargo and how reviewers aren't allowed to talk about a large portion of the game. I find this incredibly manipulative to the reader as it implies that the scores given are only relevant to the first half of the game, which is untrue. The scores and reviews talk about the whole game, they just can't go into specifics. Reviewers have however tried to explain that the game WILL be divisive and even the developers themselves have said that this is not a "comfort food" style game. The strict review embargo isn't to stop reviewers from giving their true opinions, it's to shield players from learning about spoilers that could affect their experience; they can still talk about how they feel about the game as a whole, but just can't go into specifics.

    The article's bias became obvious to me when it talks about SkillUp's review and only focuses on other negative reviews. It only talks about the criticism the game has received and forgets to mention the countless praise it has also received. It unsurprisingly also forgets to mention SkillUp's tweet where he says that he's among the minority that disliked the game, and said his opinions were merely that; opinions. The article talks about his criticism as if it's the only truth and I find it so frustrating and unprofessional and it comes off to me as if they're just angry that they didn't get a review copy. They also deliberately morph information and say that the developers said the game will not be "fun". To clarify, the developers said that the game will not be "fun" in the giddy sense of the word, as in it won't be light-hearted fun but an emotional journey. The gameplay will obviously still be enjoyable.

    There's a lot more I have to say but I wanted to keep this on the shorter side!

    Article - https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2020/06/14/two-warnings-about-the-last-of-us-part-2-review-scores/

    submitted by /u/DemonicDylan
    [link] [comments]

    SO CLOSE AAAA

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Does anyone else think that when all the dust settles, the campaign against this game would make for a great documentary?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    There are some interesting parallels between the game and those who are trying to bring it down with the themes of hate and obsession. I'd love to see the more high profiles haters get questioned about their motivations and behavior as well as a deep dive into the inexcusable abuse of the developers.

    There is so much to explore as to what it is about this particular game that has a certain group so shook. Is it a realization that they don't have the power and influence they thought they had? Is it the gay lead and wider character representation? Is it the refusal by the devs to hyper-sexualize the main female character? How much is truly driven by the plot leaks? I'd love to see these questions explored after the craziness dies down. I'd also love to see a few of the faces of those who are doing their damnedest to spoil as many people as possible.

    So often these hate campaigns are left forgotten, but I think that's a disservice to everyone involved. A big, bright light should be pointed to the places where the hatred was encouraged to build up and then fester.

    In the right hands, it could make for a fascinating look at some of the more toxic subsections of gaming and fandom.

    submitted by /u/DavidsMachete
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping me going

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    I'm going to be super real. I'm not in a great place mentally, I'm the worst I've been in years. This is because of work and personal stuff on top of lockdown and I'm just coping terribly. TLOU2 is the only thing I'm looking forward to at the moment. I think about it and it brings me joy to know that I will have it in my hands in just a few days after such a long wait. TLOU is my favourite game of all time. I'm so excited to go where the story takes me, wherever that may be.

    Reading the posts on this subreddit has also helped, seeing people so excited and discussing TLOU and TLOU2 is so heart warming. I'm nowhere near getting better mentally, I know I need to reach out to professionals for that which I'm finding incredibly hard, but it warms a small piece of me.

    I guess the point of this post is to thank all the mods for making this sub a safe space for people to post about the game (seriously, you're all amazing). And I want to thank everyone on this sub who posts and participates, I always look forward to seeing what people post and comment on here. I hope it makes you smile knowing how much you're helping me at the moment.

    submitted by /u/casual-scroller7
    [link] [comments]

    My first platinum just in time for part 2

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Here’s a nice edit I made of Joel in Part II. It took me a really long time, 6 days I think... I’m really proud of myself for pushing the boundaries of my editing skills.

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Did this fanart as a tribute to the game and because I can't wait to play it! Hope you guys like it!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Avoid searching for TLOU2 on Youtube, They are uploading spoiler scenes

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    I typed in "The Last of Us 2" and searched just to watch the reviews, and a spoiler scene with a spoiler title popped up. Luckily I had already read the spoilers for myself (out of curiousity), so I wasn't affected, but wanted to leave you guys a warning to avoid searching for TLOU2 on YouTube at this point. If you're playing it on Friday, there's no need to watch the reviews, you already know it's awesome.

    (couldn't find an appropriate flair so I went with discussion. Feel free to lock the post, and keep us safe in this reddit version of Jackson haha)

    submitted by /u/laqtate
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoy video games! :) Image: Vanja Babić

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment