• Breaking News

    Monday, June 29, 2020

    The Last of Us | After years of being too scared to play this game I’ve finally decided to see what all the hype is about. I’m so excited for my first play through.

    The Last of Us | After years of being too scared to play this game I’ve finally decided to see what all the hype is about. I’m so excited for my first play through.


    After years of being too scared to play this game I’ve finally decided to see what all the hype is about. I’m so excited for my first play through.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    As an Asian-American I was ecstatic because of the high quality writing for the Asian-American characters in the game. There was so much depth to Jesse, Yara, and Lev. Thank you ,Naughty Dog, this means a lot to me.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    This is facts. That’s literally how people would act if this happens. Some people genuinely don’t get the story in this game and it’s sad

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Ellie's route - Seattle Day 1

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Joining the platinum club, I really loved this game!

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Was anyone going to tell me Ellie lives right outside Joel’s house? Or was I supposed to find that out on my own

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    People complaining about Abby's physique

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Her physique varies throughout the game and reflects the resources available to her.

    1. Average while with the fireflies
    2. Ripped while with the WLF
    3. Starts getting smaller while travelling through Santa Barbra
    4. Scrawny after being enslaved by the Rattlers

    The WLF are living luxuriously relative to others. Abby has even developed a preference for specialty soap with pine in it. They have a huge gym with a fitness club and copious amounts of food, so much so that someone had the audacity to complain about having to eat burritos again. Abby is also highly regarded by Issac and was probably given whatever resources she'd need to condition herself.

    Personally, I believe that her physique was consciously used as a narrative device throughout the game to reflect who she was at any point in the story. Seeing her at the pillars was shocking

    submitted by /u/gammaFE
    [link] [comments]

    Don't miss that

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    My God, I needed that last cut scene

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    The final fight between Ellie and Abby was so upsetting. So upsetting. I almost threw my controller at the TV.

    The one thing I wanted from this game was some kind of resolution, some kind of closure between Ellie and Joel. I was really dismayed when it looked like their final words would be harsh. I'm talking about the scene where Joel tries to help Ellie at the dance. She sternly dismisses him and the hurt in his eyes I felt in my very soul.

    And bless them, I got it. The final scene between Ellie and Joel, the conversation on the porch really helped heal me. These two people love each other, and I did not want their relationship to end on a bitter note.

    submitted by /u/fatherseamus
    [link] [comments]

    Berleezy understands naughtydogs vision, I love this.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Some 4am doodles from last night

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Was rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender after finishing the Part 2 and noted some very apt dialogue from Aang that applies to Ellie

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Recreating Ellie’s Journal | Page 2 (Page-A-Day)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Anyone else having a hard time playing another game after finishing Part 2?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Hell, I don't even feel like watching something on TV.

    I feel haunted by this game. For the record, I loved it and do think it's truly a masterpiece. But man, I am still reeling. I am planning to do an NG+ run and play it again soon, especially given how anxious I was for the first playthrough. But in the meantime, I can't bring myself to engage with literally any other media. I got a ton of great games in the Switch eshop sale before TLOU 2 came out, and I don't feel like touching any of them. I was deep into The Witcher 3 before setting it aside to replay TLOU 1 to prep for 2, and I don't feel like going back to it. I don't want to watch anything or feel like I can focus on anything new.

    I'm not sure what it is. Maybe part of me doesn't want to taint the images and feelings I have from this game that are still fresh in my mind. Honestly, part of it feels like other stories and experiences just seem shallow in comparison (I'm not at all saying that's TRUE, that's just where I am emotionally rn). It's weird. I've never felt like this before. I miss the characters. I was so spent at the end, and yet I wanted more time with them. I feel empty when I try anything else. Wondering if anyone else is having a hard time with something similar.

    submitted by /u/Minaab2
    [link] [comments]

    I have so much more respect for Naughty Dog after finishing this game

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    So I finished the story this morning and holy hell, what a fucking game!!! After sitting for hours thinking about every little thing and all the feels it gave me, I realized what a massive risk this game was (clearly evident by the internet's outcry since the leaks). Making the player play as the "villain" for a big chunk of the game, and humanizing them throughout that, is something I never thought a big-budget, mainstream game could pull off, and boy did they do that in an amazing way. They clearly knew how divisive this move could be, and how easily they could have given a fan-service plot which most of the "fans" are asking for in their metacritic reviews. Surely it's not for everyone and many fans of the original might find it lacking or disappointing. Personally I loved it and is a worthy sequel for this franchise. Props to ND for such an amazing experience

    submitted by /u/Ash2395
    [link] [comments]

    You you mean to tell me that this game is getting absolutely TRASHED and TWENTY SEVEN PERCENT of people have even finished the game? Very mature

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I have my issues with the game, but....

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    The people saying Abby didnt suffer enough and Ellie was the only one who lost anything must of played through the entire second half with their eyes closed. She lost all her friends, the man she loved, got enslaved, starved, and basically crucified....like what do these people define as suffering? Lol

    submitted by /u/CallofDo0bie
    [link] [comments]

    Abby and people missing the point

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    You don't have to like her. The game isn't trying to make you like her. The game just wants you to understand her by playing as her. The whole game is this two sides of the same coin dynamic. You can still hate Abby for killing one of your favourite characters ever. Just understand that Ellie isn't that different. Everyone in the last of us is morally grey. There is no character in the last of us that is 100% good. (Except maybe Lev because he's the best and never killed anyone outside of self defence I'm pretty sure but that's not the point.) I grew to genuinely like Abby as a character. Her killing Joel was wrong but the gane is trying to say that vengeance will lead you down a dark path that will strip you of everything. Ellie and Abby are for all intents and purposes the same in their motivations. And they both end up losing everything because of them.

    Ellie not killing Abby doesn't render the whole game pointless it is the whole point of the game. Like Joel not sacrificing Ellie for the cure.

    Opinions are completely valid just make sure you understand the characters before you try and say Naughty Dog wanted you to love the person that killed Joel and forget about him completely.

    submitted by /u/The-gay-agenda-TM
    [link] [comments]

    Bar chart race showing appearances of the 3 main characters over the course of 16 hour gameplay.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    TLOU2 has one of, if not the most, hauntingly beautiful set pieces I've ever played in any game ever.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    How TLOU2 portrays trauma is downright haunting

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Not just the ptsd scene, but the way Ellie looks like a starved crack addict, her journal and the poem in it, her journal with Joel's eyes crossed out until the epilogue where she finally drew Joel with eyes, the way she can't even look at herself in a mirror. And I haven't even mentioned Abby and her nightmares walking across the dark hospital hallway.

    submitted by /u/frienlytrashcan
    [link] [comments]

    What really pisses me off...

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Is that there are people against the game who uses the argument that "I don't need to play to know that a story is good or bad." In my opinion, people need to experience the story firsthand for them to appreciate the story and what Naughty Dog is putting you through.

    submitted by /u/ashtinfay
    [link] [comments]

    The 0/10 story for the original game

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm from 2013 and I've just played through a game call The Last Of Us. I'm here to save you from playing this trash

    The first problem is the main character Joel is a hardened survivor that from what I can tell did things bad enough to give his brother nightmares. Just to give an idea of what Joel is like he snaps a guys arm without a hint of emotion. He tortures two other guys later on and again he's more comfortable doing it than I was watching it!! When his business partner and nearly friend Tess is bitten and killed he takes it in his stride. Joel is a badass. A bad asshole

    But then the awful writing of ND is there for all to see. This badass takes a little girl across the country for Tess. On the way he meets a GAY survivor called Bill. Gay!! Can you believe it? At no point does he agree with the quest but he still goes on from frying pan to fire.

    He also meets Henry and Sam. Here his character break is criminal. This ruthless solo survivor is sharing campfire stories within hours. Falling asleep with them, risking his life for them, they leave him to save themselves and he forgives them. Oh, and their story ends in a pure shock factor scene.

    Next up is Tommy. Tommy kindly offers to take Ellie off Joel's hands. But get this, Joel refuses!! Now I'm sorry but there is no way that our bad ass Joel would do such a thing.

    Anyway the game goes on and on. Right up until the end where Joel delivers Ellie. He then changes his mind and saves Ellie!! Making the whole game pointless!! He kills Marlene because he's good. Or bad. I dunno.

    To top it all off he drives back to Tommy and now decides he wants to retire from the badass lifestyle to settle down in a town. So our bad ass Joel will now be baking and knitting?

    So we've got gay survivors like Bill. Joel that constantly break character. We go on a cross country journey that's pointless. Kill dozens of identikit baddies. I mean it's just a pointless game.

    I completed it 6 times just to make sure it's rubbish.

    0/10. I would give Sonic Unleashed a 3/10!!

    (Terms and conditions apply. Your gameplay experience may contain context)

    submitted by /u/PiratesArePeopleToo
    [link] [comments]

    I'm very thankful for the positivity in this sub.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    I just finished TLOU Part II today and my emotions were high to say the least, I loved this game and the unique storytelling choices Naughty Dog made.

    However, upon finishing the game, I looked at discussion surrounding the game and realized how negative it all was. I've been feeling anxious and on edge since I finished it due to the immense amount of hate and obvious slander that was being spread around the community.

    Even all of my friends were calling it trash, I've genuinely never felt so gaslit in my life (I know that's a little sad, but I've never been so aggressively and intensely contradicted and invalidated ever.) and seeing that people on this platform really enjoy the story and understand it's nuances has really helped me.

    I love Abby, I love Ellie, I love this series and I hope ND continues to defy and betray our expectations.

    Thanks for the good vibes yall

    submitted by /u/SilverPunkDragon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment