• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 21, 2021

    The Last of Us | Last of us part 2 title screen vibes on Brighton beach (UK) today

    The Last of Us | Last of us part 2 title screen vibes on Brighton beach (UK) today


    Last of us part 2 title screen vibes on Brighton beach (UK) today

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    I decided to paint my favourite scene from Part 2 (oil on canvas by myself)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    My Ellie Sketch

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Artwork by Nycolas Pedro

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    I did it finally

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    Just one more!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    The Last of Us Fan Film: Ellie’s Revenge is here!!!��❤️

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Here is the link to watch it for free on YouTube! If you enjoy, give us a like, comment and share with others! Thank you so much for all the support, we worked so hard on this! Legally, a fan film can only be 15 minutes long, so it was hard to fit everything in, we wish it could have been longer, but there will be more films to come! Warning - gore, violence and swearing.

    Ellie's Revenge

    submitted by /u/RebeccaLSHodge
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Part II tonight...holy crap it was amazing. Definitely jumping into a NG+ soon!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    The Rabbit is A Foreshadowing Metaphor for Ellie

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    Found a stray Ellie Edition in the wild and couldn't resist!!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    Abby quickly became incredibly special to me as a character when I first played the game almost a year ago now, so I recently bought these two amazing items off Etsy.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Really hope these rumors aren't true

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Didn't expect that

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    "Clickers, incoming from over there, be ready"...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    The Last of Us Part II receives six nominations for the 21st annual Game Developers Choice Awards including Game of the Year

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    A doodle I did a while back.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Just 3D printed firefly pendants! I’m so exited to paint them!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    Thoughts after finishing Part I + (Part II discussion)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    I wanna start this off saying I'm very excited for the remake. I've heard of some resistance towards a remake, but I honestly think it's a great move to get everyone to play a revised, modern and heart wrenchibg Part I back to back with a visercal and cathartic Part II. Playing Part I Remastered made me think a lot about the second game and I consider Part II to be a perfect sequel after revisiting the first, just off this line in the Salt Lake City chapter that Joel says to Ellie after she gives him the picture of him and Sarah, "I guess you can't escape your past."

    There was really just so much love towards the first game in Part II, to the point where you can tell where they built off of certain themes said in one piece of dialogue, Joel telling Ellie, "You have no idea what loss is," (Troy's delivery is incredible) and even though Ellie argued that everyone she's ever cared for has died or left her (everyone except for Joel).

    By the time we play as Ellie and lose Joel, we understand the deeper kind of loss that Joel implied, the kind that makes you lose yourself, something he (Sarah), Ellie (Joel) and Abby (her father) have experienced, the kind of loss that breaks your soul.

    One of the biggest takeaways from II is "actions have consequences." Naughty Dog gave us extremely flawed characters that were never meant to be put on a pedestal. Characters who found purpose through emotion for better or worse. Ellie, Joel and Abby being incredibly similar.

    It's crazy to think we waited 7 years for a follow up. And honestly, after replaying Part I Remastered, I personally came to the conclusion that Part II was the sequel I didn't know I needed.

    One of the most interesting themes from Part I is the climax. We're never given a choice to spare the surgeon. Joel proposes to Ellie that they can abandon the whole thing, but Ellie is filled with determination and hope and she presses on and Ellie has this same determination in Part II, except rage takes the place of hope.

    In Part I, we aren't given a choice to spare Marlene. "You'd just come after her." A foresight that Joel has that Abby lacked.

    In Part II, we aren't given a choice in being able to save Joel, just like we aren't given a choice in staying with Dina and not going after Abby. This was never Until Dawn or TT's The Walking Dead.

    One way or another, emotions drive the characters and I think that's the most realistic thing about the Last of Us franchise, the humanity, the extreme blacks and white and honestly, the intense greys that makes me love this franchise.

    The ending to Part I left a lot of us (especially those who played the game seven years ago) with the question. "Why did Joel lie?" But I never wondered, "What will happen now that Joel lied?"

    I see a lot of people say there's no point for a part 3, but Part II left us with questions. I also see a lot of misconceptions about how PTSD works, how people think Ellie is "cured" because she was able to draw Joel's face.

    If anything, this is a sign of acceptance (last stage of grief) and remembrance.

    There is no cure for PTSD and the best example is how Sarah dies in the beginning and that same loss drives Joel to make the decision to take Ellie away because he cannot handle another loss. His grief has affected him for 20+ years.

    To me, Part I is deeply about hope and disappointment (look for the light, endure and survive), Part II revisits those themes and expands, but Part II is about what happens when your spirit breaks.

    I personally feel as if the ending of Part II was left very open. There are some very loose ends there. I don't feel as if any there was any solid ends to the character arcs. That's just my opinion. I feel like a point was made where three characters' stories intertwined on one fateful day and they're forever marked by what happened when feelings are in play for years at a time. I don't know how else to explain it. I felt no closure from II or I. Same feeling, seven years apart.

    It's taken me a while to come to this conclusion. Part II is an underrated gem. If you know, you know.

    Yeah, this is your sign to play Part I and II back to back. If not now, when the remake comes.

    10/10 franchise.

    submitted by /u/mournfulmileena0
    [link] [comments]

    i was playing on grounded mode, and i did this completely by accident, but it turned out cool!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Raining Death From Above

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    Got Infected

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    My thoughts on Part 2

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    First of all, I loved the game, but at the same time I hated it, I get what Naughty Dog tried to do with this game, but I didn't like playing half of the game with Abby, I know some people will attack me because of this but I really couldn't empathize with her, I am human and while I perfectly understand that revenge is wrong and all the messages that the game tries to send I empathized too much with joel and ellie in the first part so I really couldn't get along with the person who savagely murdered him. I would've enjoyed the game more if Abby's sections were just some moments to understand her point of view (the whole story of Abby could then have been expanded with a dlc), also because replaying the 3 seattle days but from another point of view really destroyed the pacing for me.

    submitted by /u/Gianmarctonini
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing through the remaster after playing through Part 2 be like, “Let’s give her something to revenge about.”

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment