• Breaking News

    Friday, March 19, 2021

    The Last of Us | Found an artist on instagram recently, I’m surprised that no one has posted their stuff here yet. @totomonii

    The Last of Us | Found an artist on instagram recently, I’m surprised that no one has posted their stuff here yet. @totomonii


    Found an artist on instagram recently, I’m surprised that no one has posted their stuff here yet. @totomonii

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I made this abstract artwork of Ellie. I call it the ”The Beauty of Agony” Hopefully it looks like her even a bit. Hope you like it!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    Did a horse shooting for the “Patrol” version with my Ellie winter version, hope you like it ��

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    Ellie hiding from the Seraphites

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Ugh it’s so pretty!! Sounds beautiful too!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    Someone kinda predicted pt 2 FOUR years ago!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Put Anthony out of his misery on my PD run and was rewarded with fashion

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    Vinyl arrived today!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    Ashley Johnson played Ellie brilliantly.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Hi, sorry for the post being just pointing out the obvious. I just finished the Part 2 game, and felt the need to say couple words.I liked the first game better, strictly from the story perspective. Which might sound very controversial, especially in this subreddit. I disagreed with many story choices throughout the game, which I can't say for the first TLOU.

    What blew me away constantly was Ellie's character. Obviously, everyone is welcome to their own opinions, and I would never disregard those. From me, I can only say that AJ played Ellie better than I've seen any actor perform. I'm not saying that lightly. There are handful of moments in the story, where Ellie's reaction could make or break the immersion and sink it to the C- for effort. As we can see in a lot of other game/movies/shows, and we can see in this game as well on other characters.

    Good contrast for me to truly appreciate her acting was Laura Bailey's Abby. Don't get me wrong, her performance was 100%, and I've enjoyed her a lot. But Abby's character is the example for me on a above good acting. And that's enough, it was enough for me and it's enough for this story.Ellie just isn't the same, maybe it's the higher level of focus on the character, and I'd like to think I'm not biased. I took my time before writing all of this, just to make sure I have my objectivity with me. After reviewing specific scenes from the game, I can still safely say that Ashley Johnson's Ellie was the best I've seen an actor act in the past 3 years in any media.

    Sorry for the essay again.

    Also, I figured maybe you'd like to see specifically what I have in mind when I say the acting was being perfect with some example, so here it is.

    Again, to be crystal clear on one thing: Acting and performing is all about appropriately reacting to a situation. It is what separates good actors from amazing actors. To not over-react, but still react in realistic manner. In those terms, there was no bad scene with Ellie, period.

    submitted by /u/-Aone
    [link] [comments]

    HAIL!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    [TBT] The poster they handed out during PSX 2017!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Empathy

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    I think one thing people need to understand to truely like this game is the psychological effect of empathy. Put yourself in Abby's shoes. How would you feel if your father was ripped away from you. Yes of course we care about Ellie she was introduced to us as the protagonist, we grew to love and care for her along with Joel. Then there's Abby who was introduced to us as the antagonist but she had a reason for her war path, Joel killing her father. So what I'm trying to get out of this is for people who still sit wrong with Abby is understand her situation and understand Empathy.

    submitted by /u/S2KxElite
    [link] [comments]

    Today I joined the fireflies, after playing both games at launch and experiencing what I think is one the greatest modern art examples of storytelling I had to get something to show my love for it.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    An amazing cover by Rein of Ellie's version of Through the Valley.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    Finally got my hands on TLOU soundtrack vol 1&2 vinyls, thanks to Mondo’s restock!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    My new wallpaper ����

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    Part II fan-art poster I painted

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    This is really good! By @ItsATwinThing

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    I just published a video essay on The Last of Us series! I would love to hear opinions about it! Thank you!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    Joel Plays "Take On Me" to Dina

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    I was playing through the last of us 2 again and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what this said, I had thought it was Jealous but a J was crossed out, any ideas?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    So...(See comments)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    "Clean" Joel vs. Hunter Joel @michaellin393

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment