• Breaking News

    Friday, March 26, 2021

    The Last of Us | Beautiful. And well deserved.

    The Last of Us | Beautiful. And well deserved.


    Beautiful. And well deserved.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    Laura Bailey Wins Performer in a Leading Role for Abby at the BAFTAs!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Who else thought this was going to be the new title screen?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    The Last of Us Part II wins BAFTA Game of the Year

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Fanart of Ellie (oil on canvas by myself)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    BAFTA Games on Twitter “The only award voted for by YOU, it’s the @EE Game of the Year. And this year’s winner is… The Last of Us Part II #BAFTAGames”

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Weapon of mass destruction ��

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Just a friendly greeting

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:46 PM PDT

    Got a turntable today and now I can finally play it!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    People are smart

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I know that this subreddit consists of theories and lore, but I keep finding these memes on Pinterest and I can't help it XDDD

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Naughty Dog Mouse Pad in The Last of Us

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    My Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 tattoos. Love them so much. Would also love a 60 FPS patch of them on PS5... just sayin’...

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    Hmmm... ��������

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    It was all about The Last of Us Part 2 vs Ghost of Tushima..

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    ..but Hades was the true dark horse.

    I think the BAFTAGames this year was pretty balanced, with a few shocks thrown in there. A lot of the awards were truly earned and worked into the places they were nominated. Hades basically did a clean sweep, Last of Us won the Visual stuff and players choice game of the year, Ghost of Tushima won the sound stuff.

    I'm sad Ashley didn't win lead role because she would had gotten 3 baftas for the same character; but I'm so happy Laura won it.

    However, Can those people now stop comparing these games? They both active something completely different in their goals. Both deserve the right amount of spotlight on them, not just something to counter the other.

    submitted by /u/DeltaAnAlpha
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas on how to display the TLOU2 trading cards I recreated?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    I Hate TLOU2 (and I love it for that)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    Now hear me out

    I fucking hated the story and everything that happened in it. It wasn't fun and was just pure misery from start to finish. I got nothing satisfying from it and the story was a major let down for me

    But I also love it for that

    Obviously, the game's central theme is HATE. So naturally, a lot of people will feel HATE in this journey just as much as they felt LOVE from the first.

    It was an incredibly nuanced piece of narrative, and it took me for a ride that no other game has. The game made me hate the story and it's events but also sold me. How???

    Joel's death was cheap and unsatisfying, as it should've been for the feeling they were striving for. We were meant to feel robbed, lied, and cheated because those were the exact feelings Ellie felt.

    The game really made me put a lot of things into perspective. It didn't ask me to see a different angle, it forced me to. It forced me to see Joel and Ellie from a literal outside perspective, and it was one I eventually came to understanding and loved.

    Another thing I noticed and loved was the mirrored narrative structure they went that connected the first to the second game

    In TLOU1; Joel lost everything but then found something In TLOU2; Ellie had something but then lost everything

    And thats pretty much why I have a love hate relationship with this game.

    submitted by /u/Anhtique
    [link] [comments]

    A weird criticism of Abby and pt 2 (somewhat pointless post)

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    One of the criticisms of pt 2 and Abby being who she is that bugs me is the fact that she's "the daughter of some random NPC" and that apparently makes her story weird and out of nowhere. I disagree—she is the daughter of the man who would have essentially killed Ellie. You have to murder the doctor to progress in the game, a man who would have synthesised a cure for all of humanity. (Yeah, yeah, vaccines can't work on fungus, but those are the stakes the game presents us with. If the surgery had happened, there would have been a cure—that's the reality that ND gave us.) I'm glad she's Jerry's daughter, it brings the whole story back to Ellie's immunity and Joel's choice. Having her be the daughter of someone Joel killed in his hunter days wouldn't have been as good personally for me, because there's no connection with Ellie and her immunity there. I read the leaks when they happened and when I first heard that the surgeon had a daughter and she'd be a focal character, I was a bit sceptical, but it works so well when you play it. Sorry for rambling, I'm just replaying this game and I just love it so much. I beat the Rat King and had the scene where Abby dreams about her dad again, but this time he's smiling at her.... she opens her eyes, doesn't gasp herself away, and she smiles a little... it's such a beautiful moment. For such a brutal, uncompromising tale, this game makes me so weirdly happy.

    submitted by /u/dandinonillion
    [link] [comments]

    The Last Of Us Part 3

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Hey guys i know some people are talking about the idea of a part 3 regardless if they make a continuation to the story of jackson and ellie or they scratch part 3 off and start a whole new story in the world of the last of us i do have an idea that i've heard people talk about before but i wanna know what people in the community think

    how would you guys feel about the 3rd install meant of the last of us being a prequel talking about joel and tommy RIGHT after sarah and shows how joel met bill and tess and the horrible things tommy and joel did/saw to make them split apart

    EDIT: thank you guys for commenting and the more i read the more i realize how much i love this community but you guys make a good point think that a Tommy story would be really refreshing and would be good for the character tommy is such a broken man at the end of part 2 he's a shell it's so sad to see the strong respected figurehead of jackson reduced to what he was he lost so much he's honestly a good example of what Ellie could have become, so yes i want to finish the story of ellie but i also want some sort of tommy story maybe like a lost legacy to big to be dlc type thing

    submitted by /u/Blitz2BullettZ
    [link] [comments]

    Posters

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    The Last of Us By Alexander Iaccarino

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    Part 2 Not Nominated for BAFTA Best Narrative?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm sure I'll attract some trolls for this but I'm honestly really surprised Part 2 wasn't even nominated for Best Narrative, especially when competing against Assassin's Creed and Cyberpunk of all games. Just seems like a really glaring oversight to the point where I wonder if they even mentioned a reason.

    Not necessarily saying they should win but Cyberpunk being nominated over them seems really odd.

    submitted by /u/blasterdude8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment